Whats the best treble sound youve heard.

andy thompson

• Members

Take it easy on us, man. we're musicians..er, some of us are.

I agree Louden gits have a bright treble, and are super responsive, but they don't come in under $2000 unless they're used.

Smaller guitars like 000 and 00 sizes, particularly those made with hog b&s will produce the best trebles. Rose enhances low-mids, hog enhances upper-mids.

Other things like non-scalloped braces, bridgepins and saddles made of hard material will also contribute to treble.

IMO, it's best to find a git that is well rounded to begin with, and experiment with saddles and so forth.

That being said, talking about tone enhancing around here can be dangerous, especially if one claims they can hear subtle differences.

Thank you, I apologize, Im not, and never will be a musician. The best I can hope for is an intense forger, tone is all I have, no feeling in my playing. Im not fishing for complements, just know my imitations.

Im not sorry I flamed you, but I am glad you took the time to share your experience.

• Members

My Masterbilt AJ-500M when it still had the original strings on (which is the Gibson Masterbuilt strings). The trebles (and the mids) sounded very woody, rich, full.

With the current strings (Martin SP), I feel the trebles are toned down a bit and overpowered by the bass.

• Members

Thank you, I apologize, Im not, and never will be a musician. The best I can hope for is an intense forger, tone is all I have, no feeling in my playing. Im not fishing for complements, just know my imitations.

Im not sorry I flamed you, but I am glad you took the time to share your experience.

Limitations? Or imitations? Either way, no offence taken. Myself, if I have guitar related questions, take them elswhere, or PM them to various posters here.

Another thing I thought of for you to try in gaining treble, is Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. They add treble, annoyingly so, IMO. but you might like them.

Good luck.

• Members

Another thing I thought of for you to try in gaining treble, is Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. They add treble, annoyingly so, IMO. but you might like them.

Good luck.

So that's what happened to my hollow body:facepalm:. I put those on it and I can't stand them.

Archived