Norman guitars

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

From what I've read, wild cherry is similar in sound characteristics to mahogany. I believe on the Godin sites (Norman, Art and Lutherie, Simon and Patick, Seagull), there is alot of wild cherry in the parts of Canada they are made in. It's been a while since I read their sites but I believe this to be true... (though I could be wrong)

I'm a Godin fan myself and love their acoustics. I have Art and Lutheries.

• Members

I used to have a B20C. Don't think there was a W there. It was a great guitar for the money. I sold it after getting my Taylor, thinking it was redundant (the guitar collecting sickness wasn't upon me at that point), I sold it. It was a mistake.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

I used to have a B20C. Don't think there was a W there. It was a great guitar for the money. I sold it after getting my Taylor, thinking it was redundant (the guitar collecting sickness wasn't upon me at that point), I sold it. It was a mistake.

Cheers,

Glenn

CW for cutaway. Was yours a cutaway model? Perhaps they added the W after your model...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have quite a few guitars I got rid of and now regret it:(

• Members

Yep, it was the cutaway. Bought in 1998, I believe, so the W may have come later. I don't think the OP could go wrong with one of these, though I can't speak to their current quality. Like most Godin gits, though, it is probably still a very good value.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Yep, it was the cutaway. Bought in 1998, I believe, so the W may have come later. I don't think the OP could go wrong with one of these, though I can't speak to their current quality. Like most Godin gits, though, it is probably still a very good value.

Cheers,

Glenn

I agree. I just bought a new model A & L dread for my daughter and the quality is still top notch. In fact, her 2009 model seems better than my 2000 model... Great company!

To the OP - if you can still get the display model at a discount, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. Grab it!:)

• Members

The Norman guitar you should look at is the ST-40. Solid cedar top with mahogany laminate back and sides. Lovely guitar.

st40.jpg

From the Norman website:

The warm and smooth tone of the Studio series ST40 comes from the combination of its mahogany back & sides and solid cedar top. The semi-gloss Custom Polished finish allows the wood to breathe and vibrate freely which promotes a higher level of acoustic tone, the more the guitar is played overtime.

specs

Back & Sides : 3-way Lamination of Mahogany

Top : Cedar (Select Pressure Tested Solid Top)

Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood

Finish : Semi-Gloss Custom Polished Finish

Tusq

Archived