Worth it?

[VictorinoX]

• Members

I've been looking to buy a hollowbody for some time. At the same time, I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar. I found this the other day and now I can't get it out of my mind:

j4hb.jpg

It just seems like the perfect guitar. And from what I've seen, it looks, sounds, and plays really well.

I play a lot of indie, mostly along the lines of stuff similar to CAKE, so it'd be a big plus to have a guitar that doubled as both a hollowbody electric AND an acoustic.

So, what're your thoughts? Does anyone know whether or not it'd be a worthwhile purchase?

• Members

I've been looking to buy a hollowbody for some time. At the same time, I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar. I found this the other day and now I can't get it out of my mind:

j4hb.jpg

It just seems like the perfect guitar. And from what I've seen, it looks, sounds, and plays really well.

I play a lot of indie, mostly along the lines of stuff similar to CAKE, so it'd be a big plus to have a guitar that doubled as both a hollowbody electric AND an acoustic.

So, what're your thoughts? Does anyone know whether or not it'd be a worthwhile purchase?

:love:

That's one sweet-looking guitar! What kind of price are you looking at? Sam Ash has that particular model for $549. Do you have someplace that's willing to give it to you for a little cheaper? Just wondering. Either way, for a guitar like that, $550 is definitely a fair price.

It's worth mentioning that while the guitar you have listed will give you an acoustic-like sound, it's NOT going to sound like a dreadnought. An archtop like that one is more of a jazz guitar than anything else, and unplugged, it'll sound like a jazz guitar. Lots of mids, nice and smooth, not too bright, that sort of thing. You might want to check out this thread to get a better idea of what the Washburn is going to sound like.

If you're looking for a hollowbody that can pass for an acoustic, you might want to look into buying a hollowbody with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and getting one of these installed:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/L_R_Baggs_T-Bridge.html

• Members

I found this the other day and now
I can't get it out of my mind:

I perfectly understand!!This is a lovely model.

I missed a vintage Ibanez model last year (on Ebay) , exactly the same.

Washburn? What is the price?

If you like it, go...we have only one life.

• Members

Thats a tough answer to give- I dont know your playing level , it appears to be nice looking but you mentioned it was at various places for sale on the net etc-( not sure if youve ever actually played one yet ) I think it always the best advice ro play anything before you buy it - im personnaly not a fan of Washburns -Id take a look at Epiphones in that price range ( or higher ) -they seem more satisfying from my experience in terms of sound and built quality. Im not knocking the guitar but id say , keep looking.

Archived