Any takes on the Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700???

DIEZELPOWER77

• Members

Anyone had experience with the Line 6 Variax Acoustic 700? I would like to get one for my home studio since It can do all the diff tunings, and diff sounding acoustics. Would I also have to run it through one of their POD models? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Members

I took a quick look at the guitar in question at MF, and I don't think you need to use it with a POD. It looks like all the modeling and preamp circuitry is built into the guitar itself, so all you'd need is an amp or a recording interface to plug into. OTOH, some of the reviews say that to get the most out of the guitar, you will need something like a POD, so YMMV.

If you're looking for an acoustic with some modeling capabilities, you might also want to consider Godin's Multiac line. They're MIDI capable, so as long as you have some kind of MIDI synth interface to use with your guitar, you can get all kinds of tonal options.

• Members

If you just want to go for an allround acoustic for the recording studio, go for it. You still need a Line6 POD or similar to get the most out of it.

If you want a guitar - forget it. At best, it is a close approximation.

Archived