"The Bard" MP3

masterbuilt

• Members

This is the song I mentioned that was written for John Denver, about John Denver.

I already posted the lyrics, but, I promised I'd post an MP3. I was playing around today and came up with this.

http://www.tricornpublications.com/music/bard.mp3

I played a Martin D1 with a capo on the fifth fret, and the Parkwood PW320-M (no capo). I play an Ibanez bass (right ear). I played an Ohana CK-70 (concert uke, curly maple back and sides, solid spruce top). I did the lead vocals and one backup vocal. I am tempted to boost the vocals a little and also add another vocal (high). I might add percussion... or maybe just leave it like it is.

The "bard" represented John Denver. The idea was that eventually he would be gone and someone would take up his instrument and his music would live on even though he was gone. Little did I know that his life would meet such an untimely demise.

JD is one person I really miss.

• Members

I like it but I disagree with RKO about the production. The lead vocal is overwhelmed by the guitars. This is Folk we're talking about, not Rock; the lyrics matter. ;) Boost the vocals more or cut the instruments.

• Members

I like it but I disagree with RKO about the production. The lead vocal is overwhelmed by the guitars. This is Folk we're talking about, not Rock; the lyrics matter.
;)
Boost the vocals more or cut the instruments.

Yeah, my own thoughts were that the vocals were buried a bit. I do plan to boost the lead vocals.

• Members

Shakespeare was known as "The Bard of Avon".

Ok sorry got ye now Avon in England

But there's only one bard and a heard thats Rabbie Burns the Scottish poet

he's known the World over as "The Bard.. But poets i aint into at all

Know they are fine for to learn say songs from i guess but im not into these guys really

though in Ayr in Scotland thats all they talk about

The Bard Rabbie Burns..there's much better men than poets for sure

My name underneath my post for starters Andrew Carnegie was a much better man than any of them in my book..he made his millions in fact he became the Worlds richest man in his day

by becoming a steel tycoon and sold up and became a Philanthropist giving millions away to both your country and my own as well as some others..dont think erm Shakespeare or Burns would do such..they were just whore-masters ;) Sorry if it sounds crude but its ma take on them

As for yer own guitaring and singing its :cool:

• Members

I figured it out... a VST plugin warmed everything up nicely and now I believe it sounds really the way it should.

@TartanLad... Andrew Carnegie was an amazing individual. In my other "gig" I am a motivational speaker and author. Carnegie was brilliant and taught a thousand people how to accumulate wealth. He influenced some of the most successful businessmen in the history of the industrial revolution.

• Members

Masterbuilt,

No probs..i shouldnt have said what i did but Hey just being me

As for being a motivational speaker and author well thats good

it certainly helps if doing a gig i reckon and also is a help when needing a slight break from the playing side of things

But people do like listening to a speaker in a musician if it sounds an interesting enough story and History etc is interesting to many

all the best and good guitaring and singing and just a little touch up with which you have already conquered i just seen well done :)

• Members

Ah, but have been enjoying the banter. Nice guitar, btw... the avatar. It looks comfortable in that green chair. :)

On the bard, yep, bringing up the vocals made a huge difference and my wife really loved it after I used the VST plugin.

• Members

Ah, but have been enjoying the banter. Nice guitar, btw... the avatar. It looks comfortable in that green chair.
:)

On the bard, yep, bringing up the vocals made a huge difference and my wife really loved it after I used the VST plugin.

Yer own pic is nice..looks a gd guitar you have

Ye the banter is all fine really thats part of the forum a guess

you are much better than me with guitar for sure.. are pretty good

i had a practice earlier on its in its case now..think ill have another practice

now as its getting later here now 10.05pm just a 15 min shot at it LOL :wave:

• Members

Much better. The guitar still sounds to "electric" for my tastes but that's a matter of opinion.

I have a very good friend that is big into production. He and I were talking last night about the entire recording system I am currently using. The "big" 16-track is pretty much quirky to the point of door-stop, so, I used the ZOOM MRS-8 (not happy with it). So, I am working on a way to revamp the entire recording process from the ground up. He thinks I should simply switch to a DAW setup and be done with it. His music is so warm and well-mixed it sounds like one-inch tape recorded directly on a computer via breakout box (very high end stuff).

So... stay tuned... the experiment will be getting interesting soon.

Archived