Shot down by guitar salesman (Martin D-35 related)

Christhee68

• Members

I was in a store somewhere (can't remember where) but, before they would let you play anything, they actually made you put on an apron so your belt buckle or shirt buttons would not mar the finish. Surprised they didn't make you wear a condom as well!

• Members

I was in a store somewhere (can't remember where) but,
before they would let you play anything, they actually made you put on an apron so your belt buckle or shirt buttons would not mar the finish.
Surprised they didn't make you wear a condom as well!

That's not unheard of. Especially if you are talking extreme high-end guitars. I wouldn't mind being asked to do that... as long as they let me play the guitars.

There are other stores that want a fifty or hundred buck deposit before they let you in the guitar room.

• Members

cash-wad.jpg

Any way, I could try out that D-35 mister?

Is cash still king when negotiating for a guitar? I mean with debit cards or credit cards, do the stores even care anymore what type of payment you're using?

This thread reminds me of this same Martin acoustic that's been hanging on the wall for 2 1/2 years...

• Members

Ive personally always thought and still do that when a salesman sees your money on yer hand then it seems to work in your favour

in that they shall come and go a touch more-so

So id say money is best not cards when purchasing

a guitar :thu:

Archived