Bajuleles?

KATMAN

• Members

My brother was given one about a year or so ago.I thought it looked pretty cool,and it was in great shape. Then yesterday when I was looking around at guitars I noticed two of them against the wall in the ukuele section.How old are these? The guitar owner carries a lot of older vintage instuments.I'm not saying I'd want one (unless it was given to me like my brother's) but I'm just curious.

• Members

Correct spelling,bajolele. I googled. They're pretty cool.My brother has an older model.Anybody seen or have played them? After messing with his,I guess I do want one.
:facepalm:

You mean banjo ukulele? Yeah, gotta agree, one has to like those. They are good for adding a mandolin-like chop for rhythm though. Loud little beasts.

• Members

You mean banjo ukulele? Yeah, gotta agree, one has to like those. They are good for adding a mandolin-like chop for rhythm though. Loud little beasts.

I saw a concert model,one size bigger than a soprano one yesterday.It was loud for a little thing.I guess if I bought I could kill two birds with one stone.I could have a uke,and a loud one at that. :thu: But I don't how much he would want for it. I'll have to check! :love:

• Members

My uncle had one when I was a kid. This would've been back in the early 50's. It was about the size of a concert uke, looked like a banjo, and he told me it was called a banjuke. Pronounced like "banjook". I've heard them called a lot of things.

• Members

My brother was given one about a year or so ago.I thought it looked pretty cool,and it was in great shape. Then yesterday when I was looking around at guitars I noticed two of them against the wall in the ukuele section.How old are these? The guitar owner carries a lot of older vintage instuments.I'm not saying I'd want one (unless it was given to me like my brother's) but I'm just curious.

Banjolele or banjo ukes are still being produced. Goldtone makes some and a friend of mine, Dave Gjessing (Waverly Street Ukes) makes them, too.

You can get a Goldtone from Elderly Instruments....

http://elderly.com/brand/180N_gold tone.html

Dave at Waverly Street Ukes typically gets about $225 for his last we talked about it.

http://www.wsukes.com/

• Members

I have two...one is a Gibson UB-1 from the early '20s,

180U-863_front.jpg

the other is a Maestro Golden Banjo that my brother got for Xmas about 35 years ago. The Maestro has a surprising bobust tone for being made of all plastic, and is by far my favorite of the two.

1.jpg

(Neither of these pics are of my personal instruments, they'e just illustrations)

Archived