And this is what a $1500 ukulele looks like

masterbuilt

• Members

I mentioned that ukuleles can be a lot more expensive than a lot of the guitars we all recommend on this forum. I received two ukuleles from KoAloha in Hawaii to review in the next two issues of Ukulele Player Magazine. They are going into my personal collection, sorry, not giving these away.

These are Hawaiian Koa, "factory-made" from Hawaii. The Pineapple Sunday features a hand-carved neck. The intonation in these is perfect and the sound is amazing.

pineapple_sunday1sm.jpg

pineapple_sunday2sm.jpg

This one is bargain-priced at $930...

super_concert1sm.jpg

super_concert2sm.jpg

• Members

Man, I need to start a magazine.
:)

Did you get Collings and Santa Cruz to send you a couple?

It isn't that easy. Boutique operators are far less likely to do something to promote themselves when it costs as much as a high-end uke. There are a few that will occasionally support a festival with a "prize" give-away. We have give-aways with every issue, but not at this level.

I am good at forging relationships and trustworthy in them. So, I have worked diligently on some of these partnerships. The tough ones to crack were surprising. But lots of people are tugging at people's sleeves... wanting something for nothing. I have 150,000+ readers and that gives me some clout and I have inside connections in the music business, which doesn't hurt.

Archived