New Guitar Evening... :)

masterbuilt

• Members

Wow. What a killer deal on a truly fantastic guitar. My D-15 is very easily my favorite - and my wife's, too. Tonally, it is just everything I've ever wanted in a dread. I never put it in its case without having second thoughts - I have to fight an urge to go and get it out again. Every single time. I just enjoy playing it - hearing it - that much. I'm glad you're enjoying that magic with your D-15, too. I also cannot get over how great the thing smells when I open the case. That never seems to diminish.

400px-FairviewGoatTower.JPG

• Members

Strings are also a little heavier than I'd like, so, I will restring the guitar.

I tend to like the lightest strings I can get away with. Maybe your git will be a little different, but I noticed on my D-15 that I can't get the most out of it unless I've got it strung with 13-56. I tried 12s for a short while after I got it, and it still sounded good but to get the full "HOLY CRAP!" force of how good that guitar can sound at its best, I had to go back to 13-56. Would definitely be interested in hearing your observations on how your 15 behaves with different strings.

• Members

I tend to like the lightest strings I can get away with. Maybe your git will be a little different, but I noticed on my D-15 that I can't get the most out of it unless I've got it strung with 13-56. I tried 12s for a short while after I got it, and it still sounded good but to get the full "HOLY CRAP!" force of how good that guitar can sound at its best, I had to go back to 13-56. Would definitely be interested in hearing your observations on how your 15 behaves with different strings.

I'll start with tens and work my way up from there. I do a lot of fast flat-picking and accompaniment, but this git may leave me wanting heavier strings.

Archived