For you John Denver fans...

masterbuilt

• Members

I stumbled across this "Kindle Book" on Amazon. It's a biography of John Denver titled: "John Denver, Man For the World" and is about JD's music and his involvement in protecting the environment and humanitarian causes. I look forward to reading it. Might learn something new.

http://www.amazon.com/John-Denver-World-Know-ebook/dp/B001NXDPXM/ref=sr_1_1/178-1115720-5786306?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1301906613&sr=1-1

• Members

Jersey..
That was also the impression with some here of JD and i tend to think the hippie type of guys
were just trying to act :cool: in front of their m8tes thinking such..

But the guy JD ive always thought to be a pretty decent act

In fact he was a top class act in his day.. Was up there in my opinion with the very Best :)

• Members

A friend of mine was a huge fan. She finally got to meet him backstage and brought one of his albums to sign. She went up to him all excited where he stiffly told her "I`m Off!".. It crushed her and I doubt she ever bought another album..lol

That's a shame. I've never heard of another incident like that, but I suppose everyone gets in a mood now and then.

• Members

I was raised on JD's music. He was pretty edgy and political in his earlier days (e.g. Prisoners, Ballad of Spiro Agnew, Paradise, Wake up Jimmy Newman). Can't find those earlier albums (Take Me to Tomorrow, Whose Garden Was This, Rhymes and Reasons) on CD here in the UK though, just vinyl.

• Members
A friend of mine was a huge fan. She finally got to meet him backstage and brought one of his albums to sign. She went up to him all excited where he stiffly told her "I`m Off!".. It crushed her and I doubt she ever bought another album..lol

A reckon the big names in Music or whatever should feel privilaged they have many fans whom like their music
and go to see them and its expected to ask for autographs or a pic taken

they should feel privilaged about people wanting pics etc taken with them

these fans by their records and pay for tckets to watch their idols
also pay for travel to get to concerts and more WHAT with merchandise etc
and there-for they should be always grateful to their fans .. after all its the fans whom put them
to the top in their career

If i met any top star whom turned their nose up at me + being a fan
then id tell them what ive sais above in remember its the fans whom put you where you are
and they also can bring you back down to earth

Anyhow they should as sais ^^ feel privilaged to have a pic taken or give out autographs
its part of being a Star is all about..its sad to here of the above Chordie :thu:

• Members

I read a biography about John a few months back. He was a very interesting guy but not perfect by any means; none of us are. He really messed up his personal and family life because of his selfishness. He also admitted he had quite the temper.

Often what we see on stage is not what a person is like in real life. Musicians are oftentimes just as much actors as actors are. After all, they are all entertainers.

• Members

I know some folks that knew him from his days of growing up in Ft worth. It`s funny that he came of so wholesome, when he really wasn`t..lol.

Same with Andy Williams. A good friend/band mate of mine was the band leader for the Jim Stafford show in Branson. He used to fill in for the AW show band leader and said with first hand experience that Andy loved his ganja and was stoned during the entire AW show tapings was back when.. lol

• Members

When John Denver was among fans and other musicians, he was still performing. That is why I said it was a very rare event. His selfish side typically was aimed at family. He lived for playing, always did. It literally WAS John Denver. In other ways, he was selfless... especially when giving to worthy environmental causes and things that he believed were right as "good stewards" of the planet. Annie said it well when she said that John was a very complex man.

• Members

When John Denver was among fans and other musicians, he was still performing. That is why I said it was a very rare event. His selfish side typically was aimed at family. He lived for playing, always did. It literally WAS John Denver. In other ways, he was selfless... especially when giving to worthy environmental causes and things that he believed were right as "good stewards" of the planet. Annie said it well when she said that John was a very complex man.

Yes, John had many good sides to him but was imperfect and had selfish tendencies like the rest of us.

Archived