I once was lost...

skdmrklcy

• Members

Well I joined up here awhile back in hopes of finding a guitar and to start to learn to play the thing...

Well right after I went though a metric ton of info and buying and returning different things that I could not decide on I ended up with a Taylor 210CE. A good guitar but we just did not get along all that well, I yearned for a solid wood offering with a wider nut...perhaps even a nylon string.

I then started up a new school which it turns out is a lot of work... I am a adult student with a full time job... free time is never really free. I had to stop my lesson out of sheer time issues and the guitar sat in the corner unused... neglected and alone... or happy I was not touching it... hard to tell.

I ended up selling the Taylor to fund my shooting hobby but was left sad I had no guitar... I had been planning to start just doing stuff on my own but kept not doing it because I was just unhappy with the guitar...

Well today I decided to spend some cash... I now have on order a Bedell 24 G and a Cordoba C9 I am going to keep which ever feels the best and just sings to me. With the 200 rebate on the Bedell it is the better buy I will only have about 600ish into it.

They appeal to different parts of me, it will come down to which one I think is built the best and just sings to me! I am not going to start my lessons back but I have enough to practice on my own for awhile when I do have some free time. It make take a long time to go far but I will get there.

• Members

I am annoyed today to say the least...

They arrived via FedEx at my office and both are going back...

THe Cordoba C9 had major varnish/finish issues it was splotchy on the edges and the Wood binding on the body was very poorly done, I have seen better on 100 guitars. I did like the size and the cool little polyfoam case...for what that is worth. I am thinking of trying another if I can find one local... I will not order another site unseen.

The Bedell 24 G was cracked in the back at the neck joint. It was packed in a cardboard box and a thin strip of bubble wrap. It was in a case but the case was not the best ever or anything, this was amazons fault. Otherwise the fit and finish was okay it did have some nasty fret sprout as well.

The search goes on I suppose :(

Archived