Converting a guitar from left handed to right handed.

acousticdepot

• Members

Well Bob, I think if a left-handed player wanted it, it would be an "ok" deal. But, unless you can do a proper conversion on it yourself, I think you'd be money ahead to just buy a used right-handed version of the same guitar. Even if you could do it yourself, that pick guard is gonna leave a tan line once it's removed. I'd pass on it. But, that's JMO.

MF sells 'em for $1049 brand new, ya know?

• Members

To answer your question, the conversion requires a new nut and filling the bridge slot and cutting another one, followed by a new saddle. New pick guard (there is probably a tan line under the original one, leave it on) and dots on the other side of the neck.

If it was truely built as a lefty the bracing will be bass-ackwards. You can't change that of course, people argue about how much effect it truely has (I say not too much). If you really want to see the procedure find the thread on the left handed conversion that I did for TESmith's daughter a year ago.

I'd say leave it a lefty for those people who truely need one

• Members

Definitely not worth your time - changing the bracing alone would be a big ordeal - Ive seen leftys play righties - when you strum up they strum down and visa versa - but decent guitars are not that exspensive to have to go threw a conversion ordeal -Id look at another guitar .Lefties are hard enough to find as they are Righties shouldnt dismantle them .

Archived