i get feed-back on the lead channel on my Acoustic g-20 amp.

philo426

• Members

I have an Ibanez AEG 20 Acoustic/electric guitar that i run through an Acoustic G-20 amp.The guitar is fine in the rhythm channel but feeds back constantly on the lead channel.The phase switch does not help. Strangely I discovered when I plug in my headphones it does not feed back on the lead channel!So if I want to crank it with high gain crunch it will have to be through the headphones.Its ok.

• Members

Sounds like the "lead" channel might have more gain or possibly a different EQ curve. Does the feedback occur/not occur at the same volume on the respective channels? A notch filter would probably help but the G-20 doesn't have one nor an effects loop for adding one from what I can tell. BTW, I assume you want a fairly "electric" sound; an electric guitar amp isn't that great for reproducing an acoustic guitar well. A bass or keyboard amp works well though.

• Members

Yes!i figured that an acoustic amp would better for a natural sound but I dig jamming power chords with it!i just turn but the drive in my Arion overdrive on the 2nd channel and have good crunch with no feedback! 2009_0913Spock0067.jpg

• Members

Do you have a sound hole? If not I would recommend buying one.

I assume RocknPop means soundhole cover (i.e., feedback buster). Not a bad idea but it doesn't explain why one channel feeds back but the other doesn't. I have a rubber feedback buster made by Kaman that I don't need. Send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Archived