Taylor 2012 414ce- Any Opinions?

wheresgrant3

• Members

American Musical Supply currently has Taylor Guitars on an 8-way pay and I'm salivating. I'm not performing acoustic nor and I any great player but I would love to replace my Sammick with a decent playing acoustic and this limited offer is the best way I can afford one.

Any opinions on Taylor's 414 CE. With the black finish and an 8 way pay it's about $145 per month. I imagine I'll keep it for years.

• Members

All solid wood, made in USA, the 414ce is one of their best-selling models. I find the Ovangkol to sound a lot like mahogany - maybe a little "boxy," but nice for strumming. You'll love the Taylor neck profile. I have the 416ce (rosewood grand symphony), and will never part with it.

• Members

First, play one before you buy it. The 2xx series are very different from 3-4xx and higher - neck width, electronics, woods, etc. Not saying it is bad, just make sure it is what you want.

Second, the going advertized price seems to be $999. Eight payments of 145 is $1160, thats 16 percent interest. Only you can decide if that is OK, for me its not.

Third, when my wife gave me a used 314 (no C or E) a few years ago I think she paid about $700 on evil bay. The PO on mine had never registered the serial number so I even got the warranty.

Archived