Here's something unique and wonderful...

Terry Allan Hall

• Members

I agree, great sound together. However seem like I keep wanting to hear more kalimba and he is out of hands. Haha

It's kinda cool how the kalimba resonates, even when he's only playing guitar, due to it being mounted on the guitar's face. The guitar, in turn, resonates along to the kalimba... :)

When I first bought the album, Entelechy, when she saw that it brought tears to my eyes, my wife thought I had gone prematurely senile, although she soon realized that it merely brought back strong memories of the 22 months (1976-79) I spent in M'bowee (Muh-bo-way), in what is (this week, anyway) The Democratic Republic of Congo (back then, from October, 1971 to mid-May, 1997 it was called Zaire).

Good, frequently interesting, times. :)

• Members

Not a fan of tapping at all (get a drummer) but that last tube was a decent listen up till the tapping part. The kalimba was something I was hoping to hear more of. Very complementary to the sound of his guitar.

• Members

Really a good sound! I can never seem to get that much sound out of taping. Wonder what he is using for pickups? I asked Andy McKee what he used and he told me a K & K. Any advice?

Bob

No idea, but guessing some sort of a SBT is at least part of it...possibly a UST/SBT combo. Also, notice that the kalimba seems to have a p/u coming out of the back, too...appears that each gets it's own channel in the mixer.

Plus, it's all stereo-mic'd.

Archived