Trade advice

primeholy

• Members

Terry took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not a big fan of oval hole or cutaway guitars, but that's a nice looking guitar and deserves at least a new tuner on it. That's a fairly common tuner and it shouldn't be very hard at all to find one just like it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall View Post
No idea on the values, but why not go to your favorite music store that has a repair department and see if they have another tuner like that in their "odds and ends" box...likely cost $5 or so.

Will make your guitar much more salable/tradable, even if it's not an exact match.
He took the words right out of my mouth too. You'll likely only have a market of beginners with your guitar and no beginner wants to start with something he'll have to fix. So get the tuning peg like Terry suggests and strings, sell it and then look for your GNX3 with the money you get. I wouldn't expect any more than $150.00 at the top end.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfastly

View Post

He took the words right out of my mouth too. You'll likely only have a market of beginners with your guitar and no beginner wants to start with something he'll have to fix. So get the tuning peg like Terry suggests and strings, sell it and then look for your GNX3 with the money you get. I wouldn't expect any more than $150.00 at the top end.

Not an expert of Hohner guitars (love their harmonicas, though), but I'd've thought that it, with the hardshell case included and being an a/e, would bring a bit more, perhaps $200-250, but ultimately it's worth whatever the buyer will pay.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall

View Post

Not an expert of Hohner guitars (love their harmonicas, though), but I'd've thought that it, with the hardshell case included and being an a/e, would bring a bit more, perhaps $200-250, but ultimately it's worth whatever the buyer will pay.

Well, I would take your suggestion over mine, Terry. You have way more experience than I do. Thanks for clarifying this for the OP and myself.

Archived