I love my Masterbilt

racoustic

• Members

epi 1.JPG

I just had to post it. I have some cash to blow and have been thinking/looking to upgrade my acoustic/electric. I have been looking around and every time I like a guitar, and by like I mean reeeeeeeally like a guitar, (I have liked very few by the way) I go back and play my masterbilt and only see a tiny difference in sound quality :)

The only other guitars I have liked are Martin HD28V (which will kick me for $3000 or so, so really out of my price range :) unless I go crazy), Gibson Hummingbird, Taylor 814 CE (although when I played Gibson afterwards, I prefered the hummingbird deep sound... weird). 

I found my epi to sound even better than a Taylor 414 and several other close to 1000 dollar guitars... I know! I am in love :)

• Members

racoustic wrote: 

I just had to post it. I have some cash to blow and have been thinking/looking to upgrade my acoustic/electric. I have been looking around and every time I like a guitar, and by like I mean reeeeeeeally like a guitar, (I have liked very few by the way) I go back and play my masterbilt and only see a tiny difference in sound quality
:)

Yup! That's pretty much the same way it goes for me, too. Seems like all I have to do to make my present guitars sound better is to go out and try a few others that cost a lot more than I've got in mine.

I'd really like to buy a Martin MMV before the price goes any higher. They've gone up $200 in just the past two years. I keep trying them on, but I can't find one that really sounds any better than my old Martin DM that I bought used a couple of years ago for $400. I just can't justify the difference in price if I don't hear any diffference in sound.

I keep hoping I'll find a used MMV at a good price that lights my fire. It could happen, I guess. Meanwhile, I'll just hold onto my money until something comes along that strikes my fancy.

Archived