dig my new Matsumoku Ariapro ii strat!

seifukusha

• Members

Dig it, nice collection my friend, about the same number as me. You must have the nicest guitar collection in Korea by far. I'd like to get on that bigsby equipped 335 (what kinda pickups?) and your spruce top looks real inviting too. My flat top is a 70s Aspen from Japan - looks, plays and sounds like a D35. Wish I could go to Japan to shop.:(

• Members
Originally posted by seifukusha

the collection. I also got a new morris martin copy. dig it on the bottom!

nice aria pro ll strat, nice collection too, i would have pobably had about that many by now, but i jus sold 3 of my guitars to buy an aria pro ll pe -r80 from the early 80's. Just out of curiousity did you see any aria pro ll pe (les paul type) guitars while you were over in Japan?

• Members

Hey Seif, it just occurred to me that you might be able to clear up some controversey around here concerning the origins of some Korean guitars. Alot of folks around here seem to think that there are (or were) only two or three guitar manufacturers over there, namely Samick, Cort, and maybe ESP or Schecter that manufacture orders for all the other companies such as Agile, Tokai, Ibanez and Dillion. Can you respond to this? Do you have any idea how many guitar manufacturers there are there now and say five years ago? I have a Korean made Ibanez Artstar, Brawley Threat, and Dillion DS 100, all comparable quality to my custom shop Washburn and Hamer USA and am curious as to their origins. Thx:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by fretmonster

Hey Seif, it just occurred to me that you might be able to clear up some controversey around here concerning the origins of some Korean guitars. Alot of folks around here seem to think that there are (or were) only two or three guitar manufacturers over there, namely Samick, Cort, and maybe ESP or Schecter that manufacture orders for all the other companies such as Agile, Tokai, Ibanez and Dillion. Can you respond to this? Do you have any idea how many guitar manufacturers there are there now and say five years ago? I have a Korean made Ibanez Artstar, Brawley Threat, and Dillion DS 100, all comparable quality to my custom shop Washburn and Hamer USA and am curious as to their origins. Thx:)

no, theres tons more nowadays. swing technology, axtech, kawasami....but samick is the biggest i think..

• Members

Originally posted by lloop9

wow, that must be a rare find man, I dun recall seeing many of them. good for you!
:D

how does it compare US fenders?
:)

its really wel made, beautiful neck, but the pups arent to my liking, but then again, i prefer 70s strats anyway...

really well made, swap the pups and youd have a 50's strat lovers dream, for $120!

Archived