a little OT case repair........

xupernaut

• Members

any ideas what a guy could use to recover a guitar case? the tolex was all ripped on my bcr case when i got it this summer so i covered it with marble covered shelf liner which looks cool as hell

but is getting all wrinlked like and is gonna start peeling off soon I have another one i could swap it with which is much newer but it's the size of a coffee table and i like this one cuz it's normal size and seems to fit the old guitar that lives in it.simpler and cheaper is better,:D

• Members

Duct tape and stickers is the standard textbook repair in this case. Make sure you go to a good tech or luthier for this, as it is complicated. If they let you, ask a lot of questions, look over their shoulder, and snap a few pics and post them here ;)

• Members

Another use for con tac paper - pickguards, steinbergers, and cases :D

Yeah - if you wanna do it right and spend a little money, look at tolex or vinyl upholstery type stuff.

Duct tape and stickers really will work, though, if you just don't give a damn.

• Members

Heres my idea of spending a little money and doing it right notice i used the quality black ductape spare no expense you know :p i was told this case was good for temporary use just like some of the cars i've driven for years lol.the shelvepaper works fine it just gets all wrinkly after a while a and that tolex {censored} is expensive I mean i need a good flat surface for my precious Ozzy and Pantera stickers to stick too oh wtf it keeps it protected from meteor showers and thats whats important.

2005_0426case0002.JPG

Archived