GC score !!

TattooedCarrot

• Members

Just picked up a new Fender USA Hwy 1 tele in 3-tone burst for $375 !! (list $899, sticker $629). I also picked up a new Crate Palomino class A 15 watt tube amp (these things sound great!!). They couldn't budge on that one at $399 + tax because it's a new release, hot item, and they only had one on the floor. In fact, the guy trying it before me had to put $200 down to order the 30 watt version. So to make up for that, they dropped the tele down to the price of a MIM standard.

TeleCrate.jpg

• Members

I have got a few great deals at Guitar Center too . I bought a new Deluxe Strat for $450 about 4 years ago . And last year I pick up a new Tele for $650 . I also bought a DSL 401 for $450 too but they were only going for around $600 at that time though . I can believe how much 401's cost now . Their listed at over $1000 .

I was going to buy one of the 8 watt Crate Palomino but I bought a vibro champ and a regular champ instead .

But I kinda got {censored}ed on the champ I bought . I bought it from a pawn shop on ebay for $190 . But I found out today that allegedly one of the employees didn't know they sold it on ebay and sold it to someone else that came in the store . So they refunded my money and are sending me some free strings . So maybe I'll get that 8 watt Crate Palomino now .

I emailed Crate and asked them what the difference is between the V58 and the 8 watt Palomino and they said the only difference is the speaker size and color . He also said that the Palomino series and the V series amps are the same circuit but just different cosmetics .

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

Awesome - now return the amp in 30 days and then you really got a deal!
:D

I'm going to play with it at home a bit, if it's too loud for my intended purpose, I will return it for the 5 watt model that's only $149. And I just checked the receipt, it says nothing about a package deal, it shows the Crate at $399 and the tele at $371 + tax. I think I'm golden on this one :D

• Members
Originally posted by TattooedCarrot

I'm going to play with it at home a bit, if it's too loud for my intended purpose, I will return it for the 5 watt model that's only $149. And I just checked the receipt, it says nothing about a package deal, it shows the Crate at $399 and the tele at $371 + tax. I think I'm golden on this one

I'm not implying it's not a great amp or anything, I have a VC508 that's the tits. I'm just sayin' if you ever wanted to very lightly slap GC, ya know? Actually, it would slap the salesdude that twisted the numbers to hook you up more.

But maybe someone a little more ruthless out there wants a smokin' deal on a Tele, and can use the info ...

• Members

I may have done that once or twice... Can't really confirm nor deny. :D

Guitar sounds nice though. But we obviously require pics. With someone holding it. But not you (gotta protect your anonymity, of course). Find someone else. :)

//S

• Members

They are very nice for the money. A nice gainy (not metal) dirty blues & classic rock amp.

I guess I forgot to mention, the tele was bought intended as an organ donor for this hand made 2-piece alder body based on a real 69 tele as the template, with a custom paint job :D Gonna get a hot rails bridge and vintage rails neck :cool:

USATele.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by TattooedCarrot

They are very nice for the money. A nice gainy (not metal) dirty blues & classic rock amp.

I guess I forgot to mention, the tele was bought intended as an organ donor for this hand made 2-piece alder body based on a real 69 tele as the template, with a custom paint job
Gonna get a hot rails bridge and vintage rails neck
:cool:

USATele.jpg

I believe I've said this before ... but that axe is Evelmother{censored}inKneavel!!! Hell yeah!

• Members

Ya that's the guy . Damn you got good taste for guitars TattooedCarrot
!!!!! :D

I have had my body for a few months now . I just can't make up my mind what I want to put on it yet . Chrome or gold parts .

He does a hell of a paint job though . :D . I just wish he would paint up a couple more lefty's . Especially a Strat since I have a Tele .

Archived