Agile 2500 vs 2500 w/ P-90's

wally62184

• Members

Just wondering if all of those agile enthusiasts could give me some advice. ive just gotten into playing guitar over this past yr and now im looking into getting an electric. ive read a lot of posts over the past few wks and looked up quite a few guitars. still, i keep coming back to those agiles time and time again. i was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a standard 2500 vs a 2500 with p-90's. either way, im gonna have to go play both since i live about 45mins away from rondo, give or take, but im stuck at school in va for another few wks and just wanted to get an idea before i go in to test them out. thanks.

• Members

A gerneralized opinion and answer:

The best answer to any p-90 vs humbucker guitar comparison is that the p-90's snarl and have more mid and treble, while humbuckers give more bottom end growl and bass.

P-90 Les Pauls tend to sound "between" a Les Paul Humbucker and a Strat single coil.

I like them, but be prepared to deal with 60 cycle hum...

-jay

• Members

If you're worried about the hum my AD-2500 P-90 doesn't have that much and when it does it's only because of a lousy practice amp I'm playing through. When I got my AD-2500 P-90 it was almost perfect. Either way they both will be great guitars but my suggestion is go with the p-90's.

PUsSwitch.jpg

• Members

you're going to have to own both humbucker & p90 guitars, the question is only which one do you buy first .... and then you're going to have buy a strat with single coils ... and then a 12 string, and then a hollow body, and then a baritone, and then and then and then ... you'll end up with 20 guitars ...... and it still won't be enough!

AAARGH!

i'm NEVER buying another guitar ever again!!!!!!!

well, except for that agile brass body resonator. i gotta have that

• Members

true, i doubt i will be able to buy just one, but the issue being im on a limited budget this summer, so im basically choosing between those two guitars. in the future, however, ill be able to spend more, which would allow me to purchase a model with better bumbucker pups (from what ive read, there have been mixed opinions about the ceramic pups). although, my ear is not developed enough yet so they may not sound to bad to me.

• Members

Hey MundaneEscape, can you post some full-on shots of that guitar? I just bought one in Amber Flame but it has a crack in the heel and has to go back and I was thinking of maybe changing the color to the blue. Also, how about some pics of the neck joint? Thanks man :)

• Members

Originally posted by Democritus

you're going to have to own both humbucker & p90 guitars, the question is only which one do you buy first .... and then you're going to have buy a strat with single coils ... and then a 12 string, and then a hollow body, and then a baritone, and then and then and then ... you'll end up with 20 guitars ...... and it still won't be enough!

AAARGH!

i'm NEVER buying another guitar ever again!!!!!!!

well, except for that agile brass body resonator. i gotta have that

IS THAT how I collected 25 Guitars?

• Members

Originally posted by Democritus

you're going to have to own both humbucker & p90 guitars, the question is only which one do you buy first .... and then you're going to have buy a strat with single coils ...

Just get one of each...

GAS is a curse.... :D

3strats1.jpg

• Members

Dad has a 2500 with hums & my brother has the DC 2500 with P-90s.

the DC 2500 with the p-90s is great for the blues and the 2500 is i think more of a guitar for rock n roll,but is also a great blues guitar.

• Members

I like'em both a bunch. I like the LP more though I think. Just a little more versitile and I really like the bite of the ceramic HBs in high gain situations where I prefer not to get to high gain with the Agile p-90s.

guits1-3-05004.jpg

Archived