Help: both low E and high E drop off the neck??

• Members

I recently bought the guitar. Not sure if previous strings were 9s or 10s. But, they were definately a lighter gauge. I had 11s installed with setup since this is the gauge I prefer.

what can be done to fix this other than reverting back to a lighter gauge string?

• Members

Originally posted by JoeBoy

Do you mean when you fret a note the string comes off the side of the neck?

Is it what you mean?

Do you have a bolt-on neck? Sometimes a bolt-on is slightly out of alignement (sideways) making the strings a little too close to the edge on one side around the upper frets. Simple enough to fix : Loosen the strings, loosen the screws holding the neck, pull in the direction to make it straight and, while pulling, tighten the screws.

But you said BOTH strings drop off... cutting a new nut would help on the low frets where this problem is less pronounced anyway.

Please, don't read this as a smart ass answer but if you work on your technique, you might be able to fret those strings without falling off unless it is extremely close to the edge. I suppose after getting used to playing this guitar for some time, it will become easier.

• Members

The way the Parker is built,it may not be able,or not supposed to have heavier gauge strings. If you didn't have any problems before putting on the bigger gauge strings,I'd go back and put whatever gauge it's suppose to have on it,save the 11's for a Tele or Les Paul type guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by KATMAN

The way the Parker is built,it may not be able,or not supposed to have heavier gauge strings. If you didn't have any problems before putting on the bigger gauge strings,I'd go back and put whatever gauge it's suppose to have on it,save the 11's for a Tele or Les Paul type guitars.

Or at least to see if the problem goes away.

Archived