How does a P90 sound in a Strat ?

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

Just askin: Is there any kind of pickup (P90, strat sc, tele sc, humbucker, etc) that doesn't sound good in some configuration in every wood?

Hey JJ: My cousin's in a band in Beaumont, actually. I hung out with some of them before I knew how to play, went to one of their jam sessions (With a bunch of local bands). Very impressive bunch of guys and gals out there (though I don't know why they'd stay in Beaumont.
;)
).

//S

I've got an old 70s Dimazio SD pup that sounds like ass in all of my guitars. I put it in an old Hagstrom and it is wonderful. WHY?

• Members
Originally posted by VanR

Try these. Pete makes some killer pickups although I haven't used these, but I think jerry-picker has a set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22670&item=7319727486&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Yes I do. They reside in an ash-bodied ProTone Strat, where they satisfy immensely, again and again. :cool:

(A $200 guitar plus $100 pups and a good set-up, it now plays like a $1000 guitar and has the tone'o'the gods.)

• Members

Mnnhhh... I'd drop the pistols from your argument: they were really facing the end already when they hit the US, and the dates they played there in the Deep South were deliberately picked as the most confrontational venues, i.e. the places where they would be mostl ikely to be reviled by the locals / audience. If they'd wanted to be loved, they'd just have hit the CBs scene in NYC!

Originally posted by jjpistols

Why? The Sex Pistols and Ramones played here very early on. The Clash filmed part of "Rock the Casbah" video at the bar next door to my house.

Austin, Houston, SanAntone, and Dallas all have their historic heroes, and there are active scenes in all the cities, and many smaller towns. Lower Class Brats have done pretty well around the world for the last 10 years.

Pharr, Beaumont, Corpus Christie, San Marcos, and Seguin are all great places to play, with awesome and devoted crowds. And there are a ton of young up and coming bands from all over the state.

If you're interested, check out some of the bands on our myspace page like Krum Bums, Lost City Souls and Complete Control, as well as my 2 bands, The Bricks and Black Star Brigade.

If your just {censored}in with me, then don't mess with Texas. I'll come up there and steal the Stanley Cup!
:D

Archived