Killer find at Rondo...pics...

espgold

• Members

Man...I stopped in Rondo yesterday looking for a good excuse to pick up another axe. After poking around the issue wall and trying various SX's, I saw this hanging on the acoustic wall. No tags on it. I ask the guy(Jeremy,I think) and he tells me it's a demo model, i assume an 802 variant, and was a one off deal. Turns out this is the only one they made in black and with the 3500 series humbuckers.blk80243ea.jpg

I don't know how i left there without it but I soon realized my udder stupidity and went back there first thing today and picked it up. I was first quoted $239, and today they knocked off another 20 because it had been out on the floor awhile:eek: S.O.L.D.

blk80215je.jpg

Good news: It's freakin awesome. Wilkinson trem and tuners, pearloid guards, nice one piece maple neck, blah,blah, blah. Not a mark on it either.

blk80256lh.jpg

Bad news: I don't get to keep it:(

It's going out to my best friend who lives in Hawaii and has been searching for a 2-bucker guitar all over and was just getting ready to hit an Ibanez rg321 from musicians friend.

blk80238mi.jpg

Well....friends just don't let friends do that:D

Plus, he's a strat lover from way back.

God I wish I could keep it:mad:

• Members

Yeah...I saw that sx. I think we can all agree that agile and sx are not the same thing;)

Wilkinson hardware, alnico V pups and 5-way switching aside, this is still a far better put together and better feeling ax than any sx I have tried, not that they're bad.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it:D

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

You'd have to put a dollar figure next to it, sir.
;)

//S

It's a very nice guitar, but with my new "P90 Tone Machine" and the rest of the fleet it won't get that much playing time....

In super shape, with only a few slight scuffs and minor finish scratches. Not like most you see with all kinds of dings, dents, and 'battle scars'. Neck is almost perfect, with only the slightest evidence of minor fret wear. Of course the electronics are all new, and there are no issues with anything else. It plays and sounds great, super syrupy 'strat tones, creamy yet crisp, lots of bottom end and nice highs...

I'd sell it for $150 with Gig Bag, and it will blow a $350 Fender MIM H/H out of the water. :cool:

(I'll even throw in a 3-Ply matching Black Trem Cover.. Picked one up, but never got around to installing it)).

• Members

Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

It's a very nice guitar, but with my new "P90 Tone Machine" and the rest of the fleet it won't get that much playing time....

In super shape, with only a few slight scuffs and minor finish scratches. Not like most you see with all kinds of dings, dents, and 'battle scars'. Neck is almost perfect, with only the slightest evidence of minor fret wear. Of course the electronics are all new, and there are no issues with anything else. It plays and sounds great, super syrupy 'strat tones, creamy yet crisp, lots of bottom end and nice highs...

I'd sell it for $150 with Gig Bag, and it will blow a $350 Fender MIM H/H out of the water.
:cool:

(I'll even throw in a 3-Ply matching Black Trem Cover.. Picked one up, but never got around to installing it)).

Hmm, what about the original pickups? I'm looking to get an SSS strat style (or strat, if I want to reach) guitar.

//S

Archived