OT the Cream reunion concerts.

69lespaul

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Strange guitar choice by EC....i mean i knew that 99% he would play a strat irrespective of how much we wopuld have loved a gibson and marshall stack but this particular black one......

It reminds us of blackie.....which brings back pictures of solo EC in the 72-85 period which ws very non-Creamy.My bet was he'd use of those psychedlic graffiti crashocasters...in fact there was an article in Guitar magazine last yr showing that EC had about 10 of these graffiti strats painted by various artists....that would have gone much better with CREAM.......

3 more shows to go......lets see if we see anything else.

• Members

i saw jack bruce singing sunshine and the white room on the guitar legends expo 92...his voice was tired he was slightly off pitch with his fretless bass at times...the worst of it though was phil manzanera who was playing guitar with him.....his solo in the white room was so incredibly {censored} i thought jack bruce was going to run across the stage and stick the neck of his bass up phil's ass......its a hoot.....i wouldnt pay that kind of money to see anyone.... not even if i could sit on the stage....not even if they set up in my living room....im not that fond of clapton anyway..listening to brian may dave gilmour mark knophler and brian setzer all my life clapton though very good sounds a bit predictable to me....people are people though...theyll pay whatever for their trip back down memory lane

• Members

Originally posted by rright

Heres a link to a slideshow of 28 pics

The slide show is great!

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/050205musiccream/im:/050502

BTW, how was this concert (critics and audience response)?

60's Cream was noted for extended jams, which according to EC, resulted when they would forget what song they were playing due to pharmacological impairment. They would improvise away until they remembered how they started, then they would wrap it up. The new Cream is apparently delivering tight, focused, shorter versions of Crossroads, White Room, Sunshine, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by 69lespaul

Wouldn't that be to cool. Although I doubt that would happen. This is Cream baby. But I would bet Stevie will be there. And Townsend and ............

Yeah, I was listening to Rockline the other day and the drummer from Pink Floyd was on. When asked what plans for the future, he said Waters was working on some solo stuff but that he was most excited about the Cream Reunion and already had his tickets.

• Members
Originally posted by rright

http://us.news3.yimg.com/img.news.yahoo.com/util/anysize/380,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050502%2Fcapt.ljrm81205022201.britain___cream_ljrm812.jpg?v=1

A pic from tonights show.

Damn, Ginger doesn't look a day past 100! lol

Man, not seing him being a kit of Ludwigs with 2 bass-drums just ain't the same.

I also kind of wished that Jack would bring back his Gibson SG Bass. Awesome tone!

Eric should have played a 335 or at least a LesPaul.

Crossraods on Wheels Of Fire is awesome. Eric plays a mean solo in there. But Jack Bruce makes that song!!! Whenevr I listen to the song, I almost only listent to the Bass....and I'm a guitarist!!!

No wonder Ginger once said that he was lucky to have 2 lead guitarists in his band! ;)

• Members

I was too hopimg to see EC get the gibbys out but from what i get reading the reviews,his tone is thick an creamy and thats what matters....so if he can get it out from his strat why not?he's always spoken that he finds it much much more comfortable.......maybe he's now just not used to having heavy les pauls over his shoulder for two hrs!!

but then his tone kinda sucked at the John Mayall 70th bday bluesbreakers concert.......it was that typical strat neck tone oh so different from that "Beano" album.that was one time i wish he had gone for a les paul and marshalls!!

Some reviewers say crossraods was a slow blues version(EC past 1970) whereas some say it was similar to the CREAM version.......I want the latter!!

• Members
Originally posted by Blues Power

nope no thanks, ill wait for the DVD and see it for free. im not spending more than $50 to see anyone play guitar even if SRV and muddy rose from the dead to play together

I would...
$100 for Hendrix. :p

• Members
Originally posted by zenbu

you know.... the first time I saw YES in 19nevermind, I paid $5.oo Canadian for my ticket...and we were on the ice. Boy would I hate to be the parent of a teenager these days.

I hear ya (and I am the parent of a teenager!). I remember the first time I paid double digit ($10) for a concert ticket. It was to see The Who, but I figured since it was The Who it would be worth $10....it was.;)

• Members

Lets hope the DVD is in DTS ES and widescreen! I can't wait. I'm esspecially happy that they are doing "odd" songs like "Pressed Rat..." That band was (and is) the true some of their parts.

BTW, you can get that tone off of just about any guitar these days...I believe his strats may have "Stacked" humbuckers..add a bit of overdriven distortion....back off the tone knob....and add EC voila..CREAM.

We still play a couple of tunes from them in our cover band:
Strange Brew
Outside Woman Blues
Sunshine of your Love
and Crossroads (duh)...

Lots o fun.

I remember paying 5 or 6 bucks to see the Who in 1970..my first concert!

Archived