Vox Tonelab sample recording

docjeff

• Members

Here's a recording that I made recently using a Vox Tonelab (desktop unit) with several guitars:

Les Paul 58R Figuretop (crunchy rhythm sounds)

Rickenbacker 620 (rhythm)

Fender Am Series Strat (clean arpeggios + short lead break)

Fender CIJ Jazzmaster w/ Duncan 1/4 pounders (listen for the Leslie rotating speaker simulator toward the end)

See if you can spot these guitars in this recording.

Freefall backing track

• Members

Originally posted by kirs

Great clip. Man I love the TL, sounds so great when setup correctly. Care to share some settings, the crunch in particular.

Thanks. I will check the settings when I get home later. That's one of the things that sort of sucks about the Tonelab...you have to twist the all of the knobs and watch the indicator in order to figure out your settings. You cannot tell much from the display other than the type and number of tubes the TL is modeling.

• Members

I've been thinking about getting one of those Vox AD30VT amps. Do they sound like the Tonelab? I played one the other day and I was impressed. Do they have the same flexibility that the Tonelab has?

• Members

Originally posted by VanR

I've been thinking about getting one of those Vox AD30VT amps. Do they sound like the Tonelab? I played one the other day and I was impressed. Do they have the same flexibility that the Tonelab has?

Apparently, it uses some of the same basic technologies. Check out the .pdf manual available for download at MF:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=83/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/481959/

The price is certainly right on this amp!

Archived