Have you ever just type in the Ebay search the word "guitar"?

guitarcapo

• Members

I often do this when I'm feeling like taking a risk. Of course, all this guitar stuff pops up with like minutes left to go before the auction closes. You immediately are racing around looking for something to snipe.

I bought a 1919 Gibson L-1 in pieces for 350.00 that way. Assembled it and sold it on Ebay for 1,000.00

My latest snag is this:

solid mahogany archtop Kay guitar

Looks like it might make a nice electric conversion or maybe just left alone...we'll see.

• Members

Pretty guitar and very clean. Good score.

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I often do this when I'm feeling like taking a risk. Of course, all this guitar stuff pops up with like minutes left to go before the auction closes. You immediately are racing around looking for something to snipe.

I bought a 1919 Gibson L-1 in pieces for 350.00 that way. Assembled it and sold it on Ebay for 1,000.00

My latest snag is this:

Looks like it might make a nice electric conversion or maybe just left alone...we'll see.

• Members

How do you like that Pokemon SQUARTLE 6 inches Plush made by Banpresto only for UFO?

My daughter keeps nagging me about that one. It hasn't arrived yet.I might have to explain to her that sometimes Ebay rips you off and she's not getting her toy. We'll give it another week before I call Paypal on it.

I'm hoping this guitar has enough room for a pickup. I want an all mahogany archtop with mini humbuckers!

• Members
Randomly searching for 'guitar' or buying from someone with 1 feedback?

I paid with Paypal. They ain't getting away with anything. Besides, didn't you hear her sob story? How could that sweet little old lady be a crook?;)

• Members

Maybe it's an American thing. I often take days to ponder whether I should bid or not, calculating the shipping costs from (usually Germany) to Finland and finding all the info I can about what I'm bidding on. I simply don't do impulse bidding.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarcapo

My daughter keeps nagging me about that one. It hasn't arrived yet.I might have to explain to her that sometimes Ebay rips you off and she's not getting her toy. We'll give it another week before I call Paypal on it.

I'm hoping this guitar has enough room for a pickup. I want an all mahogany archtop with mini humbuckers!

shes gona be mad, you always get the toys you bid on. :confused:

• Members

Ive got one like that too, inherited from my grandfather. Its a little tough to play as the neck joint is pulling away a bit and the action is pretty high, but it didnt stop me from learning on it.

myguitar.jpg

• Members

Well you have a little more leeway adjusting these archtop's because you can just raise or lower the bridge for the action. The mahogany they used in those days was usually a solid piece 16 to 17 inches wide pressed to arch. That kind of wood just doesn't happen today. I know how to French Polish and the finish looks nice enough to where I can touch it up to new looking. Add a floating pickup at the neck for 100 bucks and I'll bet it will be a nice Jazz guitar cheap.

Shipping was only 9 bucks! I guess that's because they are in Georgia, just 5 hours away. Hey if grandma tries to rip me off maybe I'll drive over there with a can of whoop-ass....

Archived