Dillion Korina V on eBay

The Dark Horse

• Members

I know a lot of you commented on really liking the Dillion Korina V that I recently purchased. Well, there's another on eBay with about a day left.

I can tell you that the guitar is worth every penny and then some. I've had a chance to work her over in a few practices and she sounds great. Electronics quality exceeded my expectations. It is also a much closer replica to the Gibson Korina V than the Epiphone is.

eBay auction

Finally, I'm almost positive the seller is a board member here.

• Members

I've got a set of old Yamaha pickups (out of an SG or SBG series, I think), with cream bobbins and gold pole pieces that would look great in that.

Too bad I don't have any money.

Maybe if I write a letter to Bill Gates, he'll help me out.

• Members

That's a maple neck for sure on that.

Remember the so-called "Korina" Explorers and V's from Ibanez in the 70's? Those weren't Korina, they were made of ash...but it was really hard to tell.

Again, I seriously doubt that at this price it's solid Korina...perhaps one of you can buy it and then saw it in half to prove me wrong. :p

• Members

It's off topic, but one of the most beautiful Tele's I've ever seen (custom made), had a Korina body and an ebony fretboard (over maple neck) .

I had heard, somewhere, that korina was difficult to work with, because it's such a lung irritant. Anyone know if this is true?

From what I've seen of the Epi korina's, they have korina veneer, over some other structual (alder? basswood? poplar? mahogany?) wood.

I agree that the photo above shows a maple neck.

• Members
Originally posted by Dean Medlock

That's a maple neck for sure on that.

Remember the so-called "Korina" Explorers and V's from Ibanez in the 70's? Those weren't Korina, they were made of ash...but it was really hard to tell.

Again, I seriously doubt that at this price it's solid Korina...perhaps one of you can buy it and then saw it in half to prove me wrong.
:p

Tell that to EVH. He complained bitterly when he chopped up his "Korina" Ibanez Destroyer (seen in chainsawed condition on the cover of "Women and Children First"), because they changed the wood to Mahogany or something after he screwed it up and couldn't get another "Korina" one.

• Members
Originally posted by Angry Grimace

Tell that to EVH. He complained bitterly when he chopped up his "Korina" Ibanez Destroyer (seen in chainsawed condition on the cover of "Women and Children First"), because they changed the wood to Mahogany or something after he screwed it up and couldn't get another "Korina" one.

wtf.jpg

I have no idea what that post is about.

• Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

wtf.jpg

I have no idea what that post is about.

Hahahaha hilarious! No. Try READING the post I quoted. If you don't, nothing will ever make sense to you, and it'll be like walking into a movie right in the middle.

Medlock stated the "korina" explorers and Vs from the 70s were not really korina, but Ash. At one point Edward Van Halen bitched because he had an Ibanez Destroyer (an explorer copy) that was made out of korina that he screwed up, and when he went to get a new destroyer, they were not made of the "korina" wood he had liked so much and totally sucked. Although, if you had read the earlier post I quoted in mine, rather than just the text of my reply, it would have already made sense.

• Members

Hahahaha hilarious! No. Try READING the post I quoted. If you don't, nothing will ever make sense to you, and it'll be like walking into a movie right in the middle.

Medlock stated the "korina" explorers and Vs from the 70s were not really korina, but Ash. At one point Edward Van Halen bitched because he had an Ibanez Destroyer (an explorer copy) that was made out of korina that he screwed up, and when he went to get a new destroyer, they were not made of the "korina" wood he had liked so much and totally sucked. Although, if you had read the earlier post I quoted in mine, rather than just the text of my reply, it would have already made sense.

or perhaps if you had written your original post with the clarity and detail that you did in the second paragraph above, it would have been easier to understand rather than attempting to divine the full meaning of your previous attempt at communication.

• Members

or perhaps if you had written your original post with the clarity and detail that you did in the second paragraph above, it would have been easier to understand rather than attempting to divine the full meaning of your previous attempt at communication.

I'm sorry reading comprehension isn't a part of your family, but apparently being a smart ass is...

• Members

I'm sorry reading comprehension isn't a part of your family, but apparently being a smart ass is...

nope, no one in my family is named "reading comprehension"

pot calls the kettle what??

• Members

Look, I'm in a {censored}ty mood right now and don't need to deal with people getting smart or cute just to be annoying. The only thing you needed to infer from the post was that the Destroyer WAS the Explorer from Ibanez in the 70s.

• Members

Look, I'm in a {censored}ty mood right now and don't need to deal with people getting smart or cute just to be annoying. The only thing you needed to infer from the post was that the Destroyer WAS the Explorer from Ibanez in the 70s.

Dig...

deep breath...exhale, it's just the internet.

• Members

nope, no one in my family is named "reading comprehension"

I never claimed I was using perfect grammar, which I'm certainly capable of doing. The whole point is that I still don't think it was a difficult post to understand. How did you edit your post without it saying you edited it???

Archived