Yeah, so I...uh...pulled the trigger on a new axe yesterday...

geek_usa

• Members

toronado1.jpg

9ea60931.jpg

1998 Fender Toronado in Cream finish with red tortoiseshell pickguard. $400. On an Easy Payment Plan. What do you think?

p.s. sorry about the blurry pictures. #1 my camera is very unstable and #2 it's 7 AM here. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by slider

nice ax. didnt notice the blur as Im not wearing glasses.

you sound guilty for buying it. are you gonna get in trouble?

nah...i just didn't have the money up front...so i couldn't walk in there and slap down $400 and pay it in full. The price tag said $395 and it played *ALMOST* as good as my Strat (NOTHING, you hear, NOTHING beats my Strat ;)), and I said man... I'm going to have to definately see if I can scrape together some cash for this beauty.

Walked out the door, went home and watched a Pearl Jam DVD, and it kept plaguing me...over, and over...must buy toronado...someone is going to pick it up...you know this...it's too good of a deal...

And I got up, and it dawned on me like a light from heaven... THEY HAVE EASY PAY PLANS!!! So I called them up, they have 1.5% interest after the first month. Even after 6 months it would only end up costing me $50 more.

So I went back and got there JUST before they closed...like 15 min before they lock up, and said, I'm here to buy that beautiful Toronado over there.

Signed some paperwork, and he sent me home with my new prize. She has a nice murky, dark, warm tone. mmmm yes.

Just for fun I checked eBay auctions...some of the recent ones that ended went for around $500-$600...and they weren't in the same condition as mine was.

Plus, I love 90's guitars. 1998 is a great year, next to 1993 (my Strat ;)).

:cool:

• Members

nice way to satisfy GAS. I am glad to hear how you went about getting your ax. Ive done the same thing.
a great but odd feelong when ou get it home. it's yours....guilty pleasure is what I feel sometimes. damn nuns.

Archived