whats your ultimate parts guitar?

XXX

• Members

Originally posted by ryant

you my friend need to take some new pictures of these, i see this picture atleast 5 times a week it seems

That pic's just about a month old. They haven't changed since then. ;) I'm just bad about posting the same pics a few million times. :D

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

Prages, how much were your warmoth guitars?

Including the cases, I've got about $1200 into the quilted one and about $1000 into the orange one.

They weren't cheap by any means, but they are damn nice guitars. I'd put them right up there with Anderson in terms of quality.

• Members

Warmoth Maple on Maple neck w/custom inlays and straight-pull EBMM headstock w/ compound radius and stainless steel frets.

Custom-made body, made from a chambered cypress body sandwiched by .25" pieces of ash, finished in transparent white.

Rio Grande Muy Grande's for telecaster with pearloid covers.

Picture004.jpg

• Members

Sunshine, that is nice. Here's my Lindert. Bought the body and neck on ebay after the company folded. Ordered and installed: Grover locking tuners, Schaller heavy top-loader bridge, VZ Rock in the bridge, Blues in the neck and FAS in the middle, Switchcraft jack, FAS 5-way switch and Deaf-Eddie Fat-O-Caster doing the switching, concentric volume/tone pot. Jeannie Pickguards tortoise covers.

lindert.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by PFDarkside

What are your pickups and switching schemes?

Sorry, PFD, forgot to subscribe to this thread--Top p/up's an old Gibson PAF that's been tapped, middle's a SD stack, bridge is stock Fender. Bottom switch is a standard 5-way; top switch (a Superswitch ) sets up the top humbucker as: Humbucker, parallel, slug coil, screw coil, or slug coil on top with screw coil combined with the bridge pickup. 11 combinations total. I like having a lot of variety on top.

• Members

Originally posted by bek1

Sunshine, that is nice. Here's my Lindert. Bought the body and neck on ebay after the company folded. Ordered and installed: Grover locking tuners, Schaller heavy top-loader bridge, VZ Rock in the bridge, Blues in the neck and FAS in the middle, Switchcraft jack, FAS 5-way switch and Deaf-Eddie Fat-O-Caster doing the switching, concentric volume/tone pot. Jeannie Pickguards tortoise covers.

lindert.jpg

Thanks man. I've seen pictures you've posted of that guitar before, and it has just got SO much mojo. Very cool axe.

• Members

Thanks. I do wish it wasn't quite so heavy. I'm sure glad it's semihollow; that "Toneyte" stuff is dense. That LP/Tele thing you've got going is nice. A modernized makeover of two classics.

• Members

K.

I'd like a mahogany "vip" or "soloist" body from warmoth, with a laminated lacewood top. Maybe a nice deep blood red dye on the body? Warmoth pro 24 fret wolfgang profile neck make outta goncalo avles and a padouk fretboard. No binding, no inlays, flourecent side dots. Warmoth headstock. Earvana nut. Some nice tuners.

One of these style of bridges, string thru body. Not sure of the pickups yet, but something ballsy obviously. 2 splitable humbuckers, maybe a single coil at the neck, like that deftones' dude's guitar. Probably 500k pots, 1 tone 1 volume, both push/pull to split buckers, 5 way switch, chromacaster switch. Matching dyed wood knobs, or chrome.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go masturbate. :o

• Members

Originally posted by ryant

you my friend need to take some new pictures of these, i see this picture atleast 5 times a week it seems

+5

Too bad it'd take Prages about a day and a half to upload a new pic :D

• Members

RI Duo Sonic from parts:

- body, bridge, pots/jack, neckplate are original.

- spare MIM Duo Sonic neck bought from my local luthier. Neck finish had aged perfectly in his smoke-filled shop.

- parchment color WD pickguard.

- repro Kluson tuners.

- Fender chrome barrel knobs.

- chrome 3-way toggle from Ebay.

- Steven Kersting pickups.

Very lightweight, easy to play and sounds great.

• Members

Well, as soon as I get my credit card in the mail, I'll order the neck, and by the end of the summer, I'll have....

The Partocaster! Think of a combo between a Strat and a Jazzmaster... and you'll be close enough.

Warmoth 1-piece maple neck (lefty w/right side dots, no inlays)

Schaller tuners

Hardtail bridge

Duncan Duckbucker neck

Duncan Jazz Bridge

Mahogany body

All black hardware

White pickguard

Tung oil finish

Should just scream!

• Members

Originally posted by archiemax

Sorry, PFD, forgot to subscribe to this thread--Top p/up's an old Gibson PAF that's been tapped, middle's a SD stack, bridge is stock Fender. Bottom switch is a standard 5-way; top switch (a Superswitch ) sets up the top humbucker as: Humbucker, parallel, slug coil, screw coil, or slug coil on top with screw coil combined with the bridge pickup. 11 combinations total. I like having a lot of variety on top.

A real PAF? How does that thing sound? Sweet setup, I've always wanted to wire my LP like the Jimmy Page with 4 push/pull pots for coil splits, series/parallel and phase. Maybe when I figure out what I want to replace the JB/AP2 with I'll do it all.

• Members

Originally posted by keNz

+5

Too bad it'd take Prages about a day and a half to upload a new pic
:D

That's just cruel!

You can pick and choose from these links for some more pics.

http://thewindtunnel.com/GuitarPics/

http://thewindtunnel.com/GuitarPics/NewGuitarPics/

http://thewindtunnel.com/Front1.jpg

http://thewindtunnel.com/Front3.jpg

http://thewindtunnel.com/BothWarmoths1.jpg

http://thewindtunnel.com/BothWarmoths6.jpg

I've got a few more pics that are couple years old on another site, but those should keep you sufficiently occupied. Of course, I'm sure I've posted them all at least a couple of times. :)

• Members

this one

bluestrat7.jpg

Basswood body (saga:D ) homebrew finish with spraypaint/lacquer

Warmoth neck (maple/ebony)

Texas Specials

Schaller tuners

Fender 2-point trem

Idealy I would have loved a mahogany or ash body but this started off as a cheap project and has snowballed from there. Its now one of my main guitars, and I absolutly love the sound. I just recently switched out a vintage style trem for a fender 2 point (like my fav am std strat) and it took this guitar from great, to wicked-badass great :o. I'm not sure I'd want to make any other changes.

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny Sunshine

Warmoth Maple on Maple neck w/custom inlays and straight-pull EBMM headstock w/ compound radius and stainless steel frets.

Custom-made body, made from a chambered cypress body sandwiched by .25" pieces of ash, finished in transparent white.

Rio Grande Muy Grande's for telecaster with pearloid covers.

Picture004.jpg

Ooooh, that was the one you were talking about building a while back! I lost track of it, glad to finally see it. How does the cypress sound? The *only* thing I'm not so hot on is the pickguard, everything else looks classy!!

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Ooooh, that was the one you were talking about building a while back! I lost track of it, glad to finally see it. How does the cypress sound? The *only* thing I'm not so hot on is the pickguard, everything else looks classy!!

Thanks man. I'll admit, it took me a LONG time to decide between a white and a black pickguard. I'll probably break eventually and make a black one to go on it, and switch them around periodically.

This guitar really doesn't sound like anything i've heard before. It has a very aggressive attack and punch, but there is nothing harsh about it. Clean, it is very full and warm, with all the single coil spank you would expect from tele pickups. Lots of bloom and articulation. It has extreme clarity, whether clean or distorted. One of the things i like most about it is how much of the single coil character it maintains even under heavy distortion. It still has just the right amount of jangle.

I'm really very happy with the outcome, and the body turned out beautiful. If you're ever interested in a custom guitar body, Brian Schultz is your man.

• Members

Just got a Digital Camera so here goes the first pics. Please forgive any problems, just learning how to use it. The guitar is a Frankenstrat. The following parts were used:

1. MIK Kramer Focus Neck

2. Gotoh tuners

3. MIM Fender Midnight Wine Satin body

4. Kramer Quad Rod pickguard and Quad/Hum/Hum pickups

5. CTS Pots

6. Allparts switch

7. Chrome Volume/Tone/Tone knobs

8. Kramer Vintage Trem (Soon to be replaced with a Allparts

Vintage Trem).

9. Dunlop Dual Design strap locks

The guitar was an old ugly Kramer Focus in the pukey looking Vintage Sunburst color. The neck was great after I polished the frets and smoothed the fret ends. I used the StewMac fretboard dye to darken the fretboard. The Fender Midnight Wine Satin body was purchased on Ebay from a guy that parts out MIM Fenders. I had to get 4 longer neck plate screws since the Kramer body was thinner than the Fender body. But it went together real well, and I loved putting it together. I also loved throwing that ugly Vintage Sunburst plywood body in the garbage :D How did I do on the pictures?

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

I've got a few more pics that are couple years old on another site, but those should keep you sufficiently occupied. Of course, I'm sure I've posted them all at least a couple of times.
:)

Prages,

Is that orange from Warmoth or did you have it done somewhere else? What color is it exactly?

• Members

some nice ones...here is one my guitar tech built me...bare bones

swamp ash body - no finish

no idea what the neck is - also no finish

original '84 Floyd with new Drop "D" tuning thing

Seymour Duncan JB pickup

1 volume knob

This is one of my favorite guitars I own because of it's no headache approach and the no finish on any part of it just feels great with the swamp ash...the neck might be one peice maple but it's pretty old and dark from all the playing :D

Archived