Buttons and Stuff

BLAH

• Members

Is there a guide somewhere to show me how to use the nobs on my guitars / amp . it seems a waste having a 3 way switch and 5 nobs when i dont even touch them, even more use if it makes me sound better

• Members

Originally posted by BLAH

Is there a guide somewhere to show me how to use the nobs on my guitars / amp . it seems a waste having a 3 way switch and 5 nobs when i dont even touch them, even more use if it makes me sound better

There are two good ones.

Put your finger on your chin. Follow your jaw line up until you reach a large oval fleshy appendege.

Repeat on the other side.

• Members

Originally posted by rangerkarlos

Too lazy to listen?

That's lazy.

How do you find the strength to type?

well i've listened, and the best sounds are when the nobs are all turned to max, so i wanted to know why are they there = /

• Members

Originally posted by BLAH

well i've listened, and the best sounds are when the nobs are all turned to max, so i wanted to know why are they there = /

They are there to shape the sounds and provide variety.

After you have played for some years, you find these sublte differences very useful and dynamic.

Or just queer.

• Members

Well, to cut it short im the kind of person who turns up every nob on amp/guitar to full and plays.

Now i've done that ive realised i can make a better sound if i thought about it and messed with the controls.

In doing this thread i hoped to find a fast track to sitting down twanging strings and turning controls all night.

If there is no website or sumthin a simple no would have done

• Members

I can play guitar fine thanks , and {censored} it looks like im gonna have to sit and twang strings all night to find a answer seeing as you lot obviously have no idea like me

• Members

alright, the five knobs on your ric are volume volume tone tone blend- you should know because they should be labeled on the top, if not, they are in the same configuration as a les paul or other gibson, the blend knob im not so sure about but i hear its a waste unless you have the neck tone at 10 and the bridge tone at 0 and the selector switch in the middle so both pu's are active, then turn the knob to get some different sounds

Archived