Does a strat with these specs exist?

John_McEnroe

• Members

I want a strat with these specs but I cant see exactly what I want on fenders website.

-Hardtail

-HSS Pickup configuration

-BLACK body with BLACK knobs and pickups

-Maple neck

-LARGE old style headstock

Does anyone have such a guitar? I guess if I have to get one of the newer small headstocks that would be ok.

I can find the one I want but not with the black pickups, only white. Is it possible ot change a pickup cover from white to black without buying all new pickups?

EDIT:

I see one that is close ot what I want but it is "Montego Black" is this colour different from regular black? It has an ugly gold coloured pickguard, but if I replaced that with a black pickguard would it be the same as a regual black strat?

Thanks so much!

• Members

If that model doesn't exist it should be fairly easy to construct.

Get a black hard tail strat with maple neck, black HSS pickguard and a humbucker of your choice.

Remove the pickguard, change bridge pickup and replace the white pickguard with the black one. It won't require any routing either.

• Members
Originally posted by John_McEnroe

EDIT:

I see one that is close ot what I want but it is "Montego Black" is this colour different from regular black? It has an ugly gold coloured pickguard, but if I replaced that with a black pickguard would it be the same as a regual black strat?

I think that's an American Deluxe Strat - it has some high end features that the American Series black strat wouldn't have. It has the S1 system, abalone inlays, locking tuners and a few other extras. It's the same shade of black is that's what you mean though :D.

Archived