How Limited is 'limited edition'

Codmate

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

Depends is the best answer...some limiteds are not all that limited from a production standpoint.

I belive that model is limited because currently it is a Musicians Friend exclusive color/model.

Acutally, I don't think it's an MF Exclusive.

I've seen them at Manny's in NYC.

• Members

thats a cool looking strat. . .guitars showing a wood grain look way cooler than others, and + they have better tonal qualities in my opinion, as the finish sometimes "clouds" the guitar's sound.

Limited from what i know is pretty much when a guitar is put on the market to see how well it does. If its a success, there will be more made.

Cool guitar though.

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Acutally, I don't think it's an MF Exclusive.

I've seen them at Manny's in NYC.

interesting...I thought I saw that one and the "blackout" one listed as exclusive colors in a past MF..perhaps it was just the limited aspect that I am confusing with exclusive

• Members

Originally posted by Exploder

The stickers look similar to the ones on the American Deluxe strat I picked 2 weeks ago. It looks like yours has the s1 and the new noiseless pups. The only difference I see is that yoiurs is ash and mine is alder.

Yeah - that and the ebony neck are the only non-cosmetic differences I could find.

Could the ash body make for the darker tone I was describing?

BTW - the deluxe strats seem nice - the other one I tried (a blonde one) seemed a bit more 'preky', but just as nice quality.

I tried a few USA standard strats alongside the Deluxes and it really got blown away!

The deluxes are much more expensive though.

• Members

BTW - thanks for the responses.

It seems to get a definitive answer I have to ask Fender (like they'll even care - lol)...

I guess I'll never know.

Ah well - the thing plays and sounds nice and that's what I *really* care about (althought the fact it looks good is nice ;) ).

It's gonna get dinged to fuck at gigs galore anyway :)

I'll ask my mate to bring his camera 'round tomorrow so I can put some pics up 'cos it sure is pretty :cool:

• Members

Limited Edition from Fender usually means they made one run of them. When they sell out, they won't make more. But they'll probably make one very similar to it in their next run and call that "Limited Edition," too.

But they make plenty, more than enough for anyone who might one one, especially since it isn't "traditional;" so don't expect it to appreciate any because it is "limited." The chances of the demand ever exceeding supply are pretty low.

It's a beautiful guitar, I hope you enjoy it.

-Y.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

Depends is the best answer...some limiteds are not all that limited from a production standpoint.

I belive that model is limited because currently it is a Musicians Friend exclusive color/model.

Funny...I saw one of them at Guitar Center in Springfield, NJ about a week ago with the push button in the middle of the volume control knob,American flag sticker on the pickguard, and the rounded corner on the neck plate (to accomodate the special neck clearance at the heel). Same color , the works. Maybe a GC exclusive, or an exclusive for Long & McQuade in Canada. Had so many limited edition or special edition stories from salesmen, they are hard to believe anymore.

• Members

Originally posted by Exploder

The stickers look similar to the ones on the American Deluxe strat I picked 2 weeks ago. It looks like yours has the s1 and the new noiseless pups. The only difference I see is that yoiurs is ash and mine is alder.

Mine's made out of bubble gum:D

• Members

I have a "True" Limited Edition guitar.

The Nelsonic Powerload, which is excellent in every way.

From what everyone could gather Gibson placed a Cease And Desist Order on them right after they were released (first run).

Probably only 60 to 100 of them exist. :D

powerload95.jpg

Archived