New Zakk Dean...

type2guy

• Members

Originally posted by MagicFarmer

What's with all of this graphic'd sh!t coming from Dean?

In my opinion they completely soiled DIME's guitar line with the graphics. Who the hell wants that on a guitar? And the rediculous graphic on the headstock makes me want to puke. What about some bad ass wood-based finnishes like Washburn did.

Now I can aprecciate the Zakk Wylde bullseye graphic because that's his signature (like Van Halen before him), but whats with the mud?

Dime wanted it on the guitar which is why Dean painted them that way. Dean Z said Dime was a hell of an artist and would come to thier meetings with detailed drawings about what he wanted body/finish wise, he was playing a flame before he died wasn't he?

• Members

If you can get past the ugly headstocks on the deans im sure they are good guitars. Its the same with carvin, i just cant get past their ugly headstock designs. Jackson and fender are the only headstock designs i like. Steinberger makes the best one :D

• Members

I don't mind the shape so much, but the muddy worn finish look just doesn't work. What good does it do to have a guitar that looks muddy, rusty, or whatever, when the neck and headstock are bound, the inlays are shiny, and whatnot?

I don't think a guitar should look relic'ed when it's new, but if they'd use really thin finishes maybe they'd wear nicely without having to be 30 years old.

Archived