Les Paul owners...

ncook

• Members

Originally posted by omni

The standard will retain more value.

But who buys guitars as financial investments? I buys guitars as sonic investments, value based on playability, tone and looks are kinda important ('cos who wants an ugly guitar?). If it doesn't have value brand new (see above criteria), then how can it 'retain value'?

• Members
Originally posted by gnurph

But who buys guitars as financial investments? I buys guitars as sonic investments, value based on playability, tone and looks are kinda important ('cos who wants an ugly guitar?). If it doesn't have value brand new (see above criteria), then how can it 'retain value'?

I always purshase a guitar thinking what will it be worth later on if I don't like it and I decide to sell it. I have lost money far too many times..

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I owned a Standard. I hate that guitar. Bulky/boring tone etc etc

The Classics are much better imo.

:( The thing I really dislike in the Classics, are the stock PUs ---- I'm not particularly a fan of the Burstbucker Pros either, but I still prefer them to the combo offered in the Classics.

• Members

Originally posted by gnurph

Ugly guitars can be more fun to play, actually. If they are really obnoxious but you still play really well people end up liking it any way!

• Members

Originally posted by docjeff

The Classic was repositioned as the slightly downgraded Standard and retails usually for about $400-$500 less.

what was the trade off for the lower price? pickups? wood?

Archived