VocAlign

• Moderators

Has anyone one used it? I just had my first experience last night with this plugin and I've got to say... it's truly useful. Wonderful even.

I had a song with a doubled lead vox, and a triple through a piece of 4" PVC pipe.... Plus two harmonies, each doubled. A lot of voices. Kind of an Indie/lo-fi Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was the effect we wanted with the exception of the flamming on the opening consonants, etc. I lined up each using the plugin in about 5 minutes.

The effect is astounding. Each syllable lines up in a way I've never heard before. This IS something that can be overused.

For me it's a case closed. It rocks. Use responsibly.

• Moderators

I saw a demo of this a few years ago that blew my mind. Since then I've kept it in the back of my mind to try someday, should the need arise.

The demo I saw at DigiWorld a while ago...

They replace French dialog in a French movie with an English dub in a live demonstration. Some of the English was shorter or longer than the original dialog, as we've all seen in foriegn films dubbed for our consumption. By using the French a the guide, the English absolutely locked up with the lip movement of the French actors... Astounding.

It's not cheap but if you need something like this, it's amazing.

Archived