Neck Warpage Question...Please Help!!!

mule73

• Members

Got an older model Performance superstrat today for a song. Real Floyd, 1 Humbucker. Gonna try to put a good single for the neck. However, there is a slight twist in the neck. It's still playable, but the action has to be a little higher than I usually like. It's a GREAT feeling neck and I would like to fix it, but if that's not an option, how would I go about finding an aftermarket neck to fit the body? If it's repirable, is it something I can do myself, or should I try to find a tech? (Nearly impossible where I live.) I REALLY want to get this thing playing right cos other than this it plays and sounds awesome.:confused:

• Members

Does it call for more than simple truss rod adjustment, do you know?

There are many aftermarket places to find necks, covering all budgets.

Usually, neck repair is better left to the experienced, but if you may have to replace it anyway, it might be worth a bash. Read up on the job, though, before you start.

• Members

Originally posted by mule73

Yeah, I can set one up/ read a neck, in fact eventually I want to get into repair/ building. It's definitely got a twist that the truss rod wont fix. Thanks for looking.

In 'zat case, removing the twist can be a real PITA. I haven't done it but know and have seen the basic process in action. As far as a replacement neck, take a look at the current pocket/neck dimensions and see how close they match to standard premade replacement necks from places like warmoth to see if you can do a straight swap or have to keep looking/modify a blank.

• Members

you got the fender twist goin on?

sucks, but there isnt much that can be done...

if the other side is a little curved, but obviously not as much, you can try to tighten the truss rod and that might help it out a litle bit...

also, try taking off the strings and leaving it for a while (2 or 3 days)

that worked on my bass teachers 59 p

Archived