Anyone familiar with the Squier Tom Delonge Strat?

AndyZ

• Members

Actually the neck is what I'm interested in. Not the Fender version, the Squier version.

I found one (neck only) for sale near me fairly cheap and was curious if anyone had a thoughts on the feel, construction, etc. This one is Rosewood. Want to use it for another project guitar. Thanks!

• Members

They were asking $65, but I've seen them on eBay for as little as $50. It supposedly is in excellent shape.

It is a bit of a drive to check it out, so I want to get some opinion before I get a look-see.

Any idea of the radius. I tend to think 9 1/2, but can't find any details on the Squier version.

• Members

i played one at this local store where a close friend works, hes cool and they do alot of repairs and stuff in the back with stuff around and i dig out some jacks and things like that for home projects

but they had one at one time and i fired it up in the back on my tube combo-turned head & matching cab while i was there doing some speaker swapping in the back and i really liked the way it felt, much better than squires used to be.

im an old fahioned guy and prefer all my strats to have 3 single coils, and i keep a seperate guitar around for humbucker stuff. thats just preference though, i still likd the way that guitar felt

• Members

Yeah it's just the neck for sale. Might see it's way to my Squier 51 and I'll use the Am Std Tele neck elsewhere, or maybe even sell it. For some reason the Am Std necks feel a bit thin for me. I need a bit more chuk to it.

Archived