Looking for midi control surface

• Members

I'm looking for a basic midi control surface to ease automation during mixing and to make it easier to program synth plugins (I'm getting sick of using the mouse). Budget isn't much of a concern, but I don't really need motorized faders or anything. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on an appropriate control surface. I am currently looking at the Evolution UC33e.

What software apps are you running gs?

IMO, mixing without a control surface is like doing everything with one hand tied behind your back - you might be able to do it, but it's a lot less fun that way. ;)

BTW, don't discount the usefulness of motorized faders - after a few days of nulling non-automated faders, you may regret not buying a controller with motorized faders. :(

• Members

The Mackie Control Universal looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want to spend $1000. I would love to have the Control Universal with the C4, but I will have to do some serious drinking before I could get myself to spend that much. I noticed that the Behringer BCF2000 has motorized faders and only costs $200. Its hard to believe this would actually be a good control surface.

By the way, the synths/sample libraries I typically use are:

Atmosphere, Trilogy, plus a bunch of freebies that I don't remember the names of.

I also have a Motif Rack, which would be nice to program from an external controller.

Archived