Anyone else have an Edwards?

mparsons

• Members

I got mine a little over a month ago and I've gotta say, I'm LOVING it. It's hands down the best guitar I've ever played, compared to guitars in and over its price range. It smokes the MIA Fender Strat, the $1200 Jackson Soloist I played, the ESP LTD Deluxes, etc.

Tonewise, it has the perfect balance between bright and bassy. It's very thick and full. White ash has become my favorite tonewood

The quality of this guitar is awesome as well. There are a few flaws here and there but most of them are cosmetic only and in places you'd never even see, such as the trem cavity. The electronics seem to be very top notch stuff.

All in all, even with the $300 it cost me to get it shipped from Japan with hard and soft shell case, its worth it. If I could pick it up for the Japanese domestic price in America, ~ $850, then I'd never get a different guitar.

The model number is: E-FR-120GT in blond

Here are some pics: Edwards Forest GT

I recently replaced the creme pickup rings with white ones and am looking for a way to convert the creme onthe pickups to white.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

To me....thats not saying a whole lot.....

to any person familiar with Pauls it shouldnt say a lot.

Under the assumption both a studio and standard are made equaly well (hey lets just pretend for a minute Gibson is consistant OK?) they should play very similarly. Sonicaly, its a difference of electronics.

Back on topic, yeah, I want an EDWARDS/ESP pretty badly.

Id kill 50 crackwhores for a Navigator.

• Members

Congrats, mparsons.

That is a sweet guitar.

I really like the looks of the Edwards forest.

Smokes the LTD any day.

And there is a difference in the design.

If I were to ever get a FR120, that's the exact one I'd go after.

The whitewash finish.

I'm envious.

Kent

• Members

My local shop has an Edwards LP Standard in a nice burst color. The price is 71,400 yen.

They also have a Tokai LP Standard for 69,800 yen.

Are these good deals?.. From what I have noticed in this shop on guitars I have seen, the prices are increadibly cheap compared to American prices

For dollar amounts just take off the zeros and detract around $30 or $40..

• Members

Those prices are more or less the same.

So I guess it's a good price then. I noticed the prices on Epiphones and Fenders are amazing in this shop though. Also noticed new 60W VOX amps selling for less than I got my 30W one from MF.. not sure about everything else.

• Members

I checked out those sites to see what they got. Some of them examples look pretty enticing. The only thing that scares me from ordering a guitar straight from Japan is the linguistic barrier. Take this for example...

from that Tokai website...

I am introducing the commodity manufactured in Japan of the Electric guitar of "Tokai" in the page here. Only "MADE IN JAPAN" the feature is to make it of steady polite. All commodities become Toyo having of the manufacturer. I might get time to the delivery for a while for the manufacturer stockout inside. Please acknowledge it beforehand.

Dude, that is some broken-ass butchered up Engrish. What in tapdancing hell is he trying to say?

• Members

Wow, that forest is such a beautiful guitar. If I ever get the money together its definately going to be my next buy. How does it play/sound? How thin is the neck? How much does it weigh?

It's extremely comfortable. The Forest GT shape is the most comfortable thing I've ever laid hands on. Its hard to describe but its extremely organic feeling to hold, like an extension of your body.

That said it plays NICE. My only complaint is the gloss painted neck but I'm used to that now. The action is very good ( after being shipped from Japan! ), and it got a lot better when I adjusted it. The neck is pretty thin, thinner than most necks I've played but not Ibanez thin. It's a VERY fast neck nonetheless

The sound is GREAT. It's bright without being harsh, it's thick and bassy without being muddy, and the guitar itself reacts to your dynamics, if you play quietly it has a calm tone and if you play aggressively it gets really aggressive/pissed off sounding ( That might just be my strings/pick ). The electric sound is great too, although I don't have a decent amp yet to give a full review on. Even on my crappy amp I can get beautiful cleans.

As for weight? I don't know exactly how much it weighs but its lighter than my Peavey Limited Series EXP ( made of basswood or alder, not sure which ) and a little heavier than my agathis LTD F-50. I use a DiMarzio nylon strap though and the Edwards never hurts my shoulder

Ishibashi are great people :D

• Members

Originally posted by mparsons

I got mine a little over a month ago and I've gotta say, I'm LOVING it. It's hands down the best guitar I've ever played, compared to guitars in and over its price range. It smokes the MIA Fender Strat, the $1200 Jackson Soloist I played, the ESP LTD Deluxes, etc.

Tonewise, it has the perfect balance between bright and bassy. It's very thick and full. White ash has become my favorite tonewood

The quality of this guitar is awesome as well. There are a few flaws here and there but most of them are cosmetic only and in places you'd never even see, such as the trem cavity. The electronics seem to be very top notch stuff.

All in all, even with the $300 it cost me to get it shipped from Japan with hard and soft shell case, its worth it. If I could pick it up for the Japanese domestic price in America, ~ $850, then I'd never get a different guitar.

The model number is: E-FR-120GT in blond

Here are some pics:
Edwards Forest GT

I recently replaced the creme pickup rings with white ones and am looking for a way to convert the creme onthe pickups to white.

Would you happen to know how I could score a hardshell ESP case for my Reindeer?

Archived