Best cities to score a record deal

• Members

And you still won't be as broke as a trying-to-make-it-big musician.

lol, you have obviously never lost your job. Seen the news in the past 2 years? when you have to sell all your gear to buy food and shelter for your family, it matters not what city you can "make it" in, and the last thing you are is a musician.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

From everything I've read, you're asking the wrong question. The right question would probably be "Where can I go where I have the best chance to accumulate a large following for the type of music I play?" Because again, from everything I've read, record companies are most likely to sign bands that already have proven themselves. In other words, they're not interested in you until you get to the point where you don't really need them.

AS to what city is best for what kind of music you play, it depends on what kind of music you play.

good point

• Members

Unless you have very tight pants, autotune, gold chains, and a lot of material written about "da club" and "tha game," I would try to forget about record labels.

If you want to spend your life playing music, then forget about money and fame.

If you want money and fame, then forget about music.

• Members

Unless you have very tight pants,
big boobs
, autotune, gold chains, and a lot of material written about "da club" and "tha game," I would try to forget about record labels.

If you want to spend your life playing music, then forget about money and fame.

If you want money and fame, then forget about music.

edited

Archived