Help with connections!

• Members

OK, this much I've got: mic plugs into preamp. So far so good.

Now, if I want to use the RNLA, seems one option is to take the line out from the pre-amp to the line in of the RNLA. Then line out of RNLA to Audiofire interface. Presto!

My question is this. Is there a "better" way to connect these, such as using the Insert or Sidechain jack for any of these devices? All three (RNLA, pre-amp, Audiofire) have this insert option.

• Members

Originally posted by Bluewater

OK, this much I've got: mic plugs into preamp. So far so good.

Now, if I want to use the RNLA, seems one option is to take the line out from the pre-amp to the line in of the RNLA. Then line out of RNLA to Audiofire interface. Presto!

My question is this. Is there a "better" way to connect these, such as using the Insert or Sidechain jack for any of these devices? All three (RNLA, pre-amp, Audiofire) have this insert option.

The interface insert is only if you are going to use the pres in it, and want to insert a dynamics thingy before it goes out. Whatever outboard pre you have, may be better than the built ins in the SC.

You need to know whether the pre can go to the RNLA via unbal. cable.(Thats all it accepts) Otherwise you need a different cable.

I think you can do the insert with one cable, from the pre into the RNLA......

I just confused myself...........

Sorry

Archived