Those cheap cases from MF?

Chad-Chicago

• Members

I liked it to begin with but now it's kinda irking me. My tele slides around in it (like the neck pocket is too big, so I'll open it after carrying it and the body will be crooked in the case ... towels will help a bit).

I ordered two of them and they are both that way ... next time I think I will order a Fender case (they protect as well as a gigbag, but I am fairly rough/clumsy with my gear).

EDIT: I shot ya a PM.

• Members
Originally posted by Chad-Chicago

Just scored a Nashville Tele and I need a HSC. How are those $59.00 ones from MF.

We gig 2-4 times a week, will this thing hold up?? Should I just stop being a chep ass and get the fender tweed case??

:confused:

When you gig that much you're going to need a really good HSC. The Fender case is a good idea, or the above coffin case, or a TKL case...

• Members

Just scored a Nashville Tele and I need a HSC. How are those $59.00 ones from MF.

We gig 2-4 times a week, will this thing hold up?? Should I just stop being a chep ass and get the fender tweed case??

:confused:

I have one of the MF tweed bass cases and the only thing I can say good about it is it's better than no case at all. If I were gigging that much I would use a better case.

• Members

Oops, I meant 2-4 times a month. I wish we gigged that much!

Is that coffin case ATA certified??

Thanks guys.

Oh Okay! Yeah, I thought you guys were like BB King - never off the road. You need the best case you can get for 4x week gigging!

Even with 2 to 4 per month, a decent case is worth the investment. Those cheap MF or GC cases are really only good for putting the guitar in the closet or under the bed, IMO..
:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Prages

Coffin Cases make a regular regtangular case that is molded to fit a Strat or a Tele.

I have one for each of my Warmoths. They each cost me $99 and they are the best cases I've ever had.

I agree. I have a strat one and an LP one. Great cases.

• Members

I have the dreadnaught model and I use it to haul around my acoustics and my Artcore. I have some small pillows to cushion the guitar though since these cases aren't "form fitting".

The case itself is pretty sturdy, ie it's not the cheap cardboard case you might have seen years ago. I don't know about it's long term durability but I think it would hold up fairly well to moderate use. It will do for me since I don't gig and only take a guitar out of the house once a month or so. If you gig a lot though I'd recommend goi

• Members
Originally posted by Prages

Coffin Cases make a regular regtangular case that is molded to fit a Strat or a Tele.

cc325zoom.jpg
CC-225.jpg

I have one for each of my Warmoths. They each cost me $99 and they are the best cases I've ever had.

Are those still being made? I remember being interested in them, and seeing them at MF, but now I don't see them on the MF site.

• Members

Originally posted by TheMadMonk

Are those still being made? I remember being interested in them, and seeing them at MF, but now I don't see them on the MF site.

Music123 still carries them:

http://www.music123.com/Coffin-Case-Flight-Strat--Guitar-Case-i97821.music

SamAss too:

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=8&TempID=9&STRID=171732&Method=3&CategoryID=304&BrandID=1595&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=1&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

• Members

i ordered an epiphone LP case and a tweed MF case at the same time. the epi case is very sturdy, the MF case kinda sucks. if you push down in the middle of the big rectangular part [not the edges] it flexes. :( like the guy up there said, its better than no case at all, and probably better than a gigbag, but if you're not careful i could see it breaking very easily. dont set anything heavy on it.

Archived