Yamahawww aw4416

• Members

Can anyone tell me why it is that when i try to burn something or even backup files on my AW4416 the damn thing says "no media..." Now I have tried recording to the stereo track and saving, I have even defragged the int/ide and nothing. I am going bald because of this machine. Any sugges... Thanks ELIAH

• Members

Yeah me too;

Could it be the cdrs are not working with the AW? I know there are dvd-r and dvd+rs and that's a problem.

I'm guessing it might be the cd drive kacking.

Are you fairly new to the AW? Also try the AW forum for folks who are still up to speed on the unit Great unit though, I miss mine.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aw4416/

Spencer

• Members

basically my question is... Why in the hell does my AW4416 read "no media" when I try to burn to or backup songs on cd-r or cd-rw.. Yes mr. okeefe I have tried reloading from a previous cd-r/rw but i have got nothing at all.... regardless of what i do It still wont work for me...I think you are supposed to be smarter than the machine and well, I dont happen to be...(hehe) Do you have an addy for me for the user forum for aw4416's.. I would like to check some other options out before having to buy another friggin drive. Thanks fo the reply fellas.

• Members

My CD drive took a dump on me a few months after I bought my AW a few years ago. Luckily, it was still under warranty at the time, so Yamaha sent me a new one free, and I've had no problems since. This sounds like it's probably your problem. Another possibility, however, is that your drive is set to the wrong number (should be 3).

Don't give up on the old ay dub--it's a quality machine. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine.

And for future issues, try here:

http://www.socialentropy.com/aw4416/

There are some great people on the forums there.

:thu:

• Members

nobody is gonna buy me anything mr. okeefe I just need to figure out what the problem is exactly and then remedy the situation via my finances. Thanks for the offer though. Is the yamaha drive a class "A" component or can I buy any cd-r/rw drive?

Archived