Baritone Jaguar????

Lucas S.

• Members

Fender website doesn't exactly explain what a baritone Jaguar is (at least not that I can understand). I know it has a longer scale neck, but im very much un technical so can so one explain the difference in a american jag and a baritone jag. I know the baritone isn't american and they have different bridges. Thanks

• Members

Well... they're made in Japan for one.

And there's 2 different versions, and I know that the one for release in Japan has inbuilt fuzz/distortion with the switches.

You'll be able to see the difference b/t the baritone and regular Jag as the strings would be way thicker, as with the neck, as well as longer.

They both use tune o matic bridges, but bigger ones, and for some reason I know the Japanese ones won't really fit the fender bass VI strings that they sell here...

Meh.

Hope that helps.

• Members

Its Jag version of the old Fender Bass VI, an almost true baritone scale guitar. I thought these were 30 inch scale (correct baritone scale), not 28.5. But that is a decent length. Some are as short as 27inches. Baritones are the most incredible guitars, I love them. The clean tones are to die for. I am going to have my bass player get one and we are going use duel baritones. I would love to have one of these things, a little pricey for my GAS though. They are different to play -- necks are typically thinner but the frets are farther apart. The top 2 strings typically have a bass tone to them and you get into the guitar range obviously the lower you go. I tune mine down a full step.

When distorted, they sound absolutley brutal, really heavy. But, I prefer them clean -- great for a nice jazz sound. I have written some doom stuff on mine.

Archived