Black Finish Guitars Anyone?

Rada

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

who the {censored} are you, Paula Cole? sorry your childhood sucked, but that's no reason to blame Texas or talk about Paul's package

don't mess with Texas
:evil:

Paula Cole? the singer? No, sorry, I'm not her....

And my childhood didn't suck at all, I just didn't care for Texas. I'm not BLAMING Texas for anything, it's just not a place that I like very much compared to other southern states...or am I not entitled to my own opinion? :rolleyes:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Rada

Paula Cole? the singer? No, sorry, I'm not her....

And my childhood didn't suck at all, I just didn't care for Texas. I'm not BLAMING Texas for anything, it's just not a place that I like very much compared to other southern states...or am I not entitled to my own opinion?
:rolleyes:

jesus christ - you tell Paul he's lacking in the pants and somehow you're being victimized?

never any cowboys in Texas? Texans can't use a gun? trucks compensate?

I heard that ignorant girls who listen to their Daddy's prejudices and talk {censored} on Texas have canned ham size vaginas - hmm must be true (or maybe it would be if I made a list and numbered every point) - oh don't get upset, it's just my opinion, I like to say ignorant things and then hide behind my right to an opinion :p

• Members

jesus christ - you tell Paul he's lacking in the pants and somehow you're being victimized?

never any cowboys in Texas? Texans can't use a gun? trucks compensate?

I heard that ignorant girls who listen to their Daddy's prejudices and talk {censored} on Texas have canned ham size vaginas - hmm must be true (or maybe it would be if I made a list and numbered every point) - oh don't get upset, it's just my opinion, I like to say ignorant things and then hide behind my right to an opinion
:p

The truck comment was a joke that isn't at all true and I think everyone knows it....it's a joke that's used whenever a man has any possession that is large and you know it...Get over yourself

And no I don't feel victimized by some dude on a guitar forum, and I'm not hiding behind a thing so just calm down

And how can my opinion be ignorant if I lived there...I'm talking about my experiences in Texas. If you love texas more power to you....I've got my opinion and you've got yours

Is there really a need to continue this anymore?

If you do feel a need to continue this than just email me or pm me instead of going on and on here at this thread...

• Members

The truck comment was a joke that isn't at all true and I think everyone knows it....it's a joke that's used whenever a man has any possession that is large and you know it...Get over yourself

And no I don't feel victimized by some dude on a guitar forum, and I'm not hiding behind a thing so just calm down

And how can my opinion be ignorant if I lived there...I'm talking about my experiences in Texas. If you love texas more power to you....I've got my opinion and you've got yours

Is there really a need to continue this anymore?

If you do feel a need to continue this than just email me or pm me instead of going on and on here at this thread...

I don't want to pm you

go back and re-read your bull{censored},

obviously everyone did not get your little "jokes"

don't try and take the high road now

I really don't give a {censored} how you feel about Texas, or Austin - but you were {censored}ty to Paul, and I like that guy

• Members

I don't want to pm you

go back and re-read your bull{censored},

obviously everyone did not get your little "jokes"

don't try and take the high road now

I really don't give a {censored} how you feel about Texas, or Austin - but you were {censored}ty to Paul, and I like that guy

My boy! You make me proud.:thu:

PaulS

• Members

I don't see too many posted here. On a strat I think it looks boring, but on a semi-hollow or an LP I think black looks amazing.

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage H-555 with a black finish, but is a black guitar like a black car?

...ie. you're cleaning it more than you are playing it?
:(

Here you go Rada...

Black & Silver= Dark suit

Black & Gold = Tux! :D

Yes, it's hard to keep clean but I don't give a damn. I polish it about every three months with a terrific product called Novus #2. She plays, sounds and feels just as sweet as she looks.

I have a Black Tele and am restoring a Black 1993 Strat Plus at this time too.

Epiphone Sheraton II

Seymour Duncan Phat Cats

RS Guitarworks. Pots, wiring, switch, jack and Hovlands

Brass nut

Schaller bridge with fine tuners

Sheraton1.jpg

Sheraton2.jpg

Sheraton3.jpg

• Members

cool Cracker - mine is still needing work - can you measure the scale length of yours for me? I can't intonate with the 25.5 neck, I got a 24.75 on the way for it - they seem to be inconsistent on the scale for some reason - varies from different models in the series - some dealers say 25.5, some say 24.75 - the old Epi pages I dug up say 24.75, but I know people who have measured their slasher at 25.5 - frustrating to be seriously out of tune at the 7th fret though

• Members

Man, I am glad you mentioned that! I looked up info on mine, and MOST of it said 24.75. However, it FEELS like 25.5 to me!!:confused:
It's pretty stiff for a 24.75. Since I am unused to this "out front" body shape, the whole things seems longer, including the scale!!! I am starting to dig it, but if I just had a body and stick a neck on it, I don't know what I would've done!

Where's that tape measure.......:confused:
Let me get back to you in a bit....

• Members

I just measured it: 25 1/2 !! Definately.

It's a long 25.5, too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some were 24.75. They did that with Squire Jagmasters, too. Not to mention many others.

Is the measurement from your bridge to the center of your 12h fret identical to the measurement from the 12th fret to the high E breaking over the bridge?
Crap, probably more qualified folks to be weighing in on that angle...:D

• Members

aaaargh - can't find a measuring tape around here :mad:

either way - I can't get the thing even close the way it is now - it's very flat at the 12th fret

thanks for checking yours, though - Nevermind's also is a 25.5 - frustrating and confusing, but at least it looks good ;)

• Members
Originally posted by CrackerD

Just don't don't play any wanker bull{censored}e above the 7-8th fret!!

:cool:

haha good advice!

unfortunately we cover New Rose by the Damned, and don't ya know I gotta be power chordin clear up to the 11th! just wouldn't sound right if I switch to the A string for the root, plus I'd still be up on the 6th, which is pretty flat already

she'll just have to be my cowboy chorder :D (oops forgot - there's no real cowboys in Texas, never have been, I'm told)

• Members

Hey, I just noticed, aren't we going to bash Shellpink for having a kickass bike??? We bashed Paulster for having a kickass truck..:confused: :confused:

By the way, I drive a Jetta Wagon, so let it be known that my cock is the size of the Washington Monument!:thu:

Rada- This turned out to be a cool thread despite the fistacuffs!

:cool: :cool:

Archived