How are the Yamaha Pacificas?

Insane

• Members

Not to be Mr. Negative, but I'm not a fan. Our local music shop sells them and makes the teachers use them so people will buy them. IMO they are good for the money, but I would save about $100 more and buy something a step higher.

• Members

I had a Pacifica 112 with a natural finish. I think I paid like MAYBE 150 for the thing, and it was one of the nicest guitars I've ever owned. I highly reccomend them to anyone looking for an affordable guitar. It had a decently fat sound through the bridge humbucker, sounded BEAUTIFUL through the single coil neck pickups with a clean sound, and played like a dream. I got rid of it a few years back after it got knocked around pretty good, and I wanted an LP anyway....but there are times I actually still miss that thing. VERY nice, and ridiculously cheap for the quality of guitar it is.

Cant go wrong with one, IMO.

• Members

I like the entire Pacifica line. The entry level guitars are good bang for the buck. I owned two Pacifica 912's over the years and they were great guitars - and usually now a killer bargin price wise ($250 - $300 of eBay...). I was just bidding on a Pacifica 302s (tele copy) on eBay and it got out of my price range ($220.00), but I was trolling for a bargin. Pacificas are very nice playing and sounding bargin guitars.

• Members

Also let me add that I had a crap rig at the time I owned the Pacifica, and it sounded good even through that, and all the other rigs I plugged into. I cant compare it to Squier as Im not a Fender fan, (gasp!) but I've had a LOT of "affordable" guitars over the years including:

Washburn "V" with Khaler trem that I picked up for like 250

Westone something or other...

Ibanez cheapo RG series

Aria LP copy

Yamaha RGX something or other

And this Jackson I rented for like 6 months, dont even remember what it was, Dinky, prolly:

alexinapollo2qr.jpg

and prolly quite a few others Im forgetting, and I'd take the Pacifica over any of those, no question.

• Members

A yamaha pacifica 112 with upgraded pickups is one of the cheapest ways to have a guitar that plays and sounds amazing.

I'm thinking about buying another one just cause they are so good. They have a swimming pool route so you can chuck in which pickups you want.

Archived