Anyone going to the namm show in anaheim?

voneville

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

Thought I might go check it out. Anyone been to one before?

I'm down there often on business. Do you know the dates and the availability of tix or access to the show?

Might be cool to check it out.

• Members

Originally posted by DRPool

I'm down there often on business. Do you know the dates and the availability of tix or access to the show?

Might be cool to check it out.

Upon further review...$200 seems a bit steep for my blood. That's for the non-member pass. Hell I could buy a decent new toy for that.

• Members

Originally posted by pedalpat

I'm going.

do you have a badge yet? if you don't work for a music store or know someone you won't be able to get in. its closed to the public. fyi.

Damn it, it's the man trying to keep us down. Thanks for the info, it would have been embarrasing to be reduced to standing out front and seeing if I reconize anyone famous amoung the sea of industry types that look like the simpsons characters comic book guy and auto :) Need a date? I'm pretty ugly and I don't put out, though :)

• Members
Originally posted by curseoftruth

When is it? I go out there on business all the time and would liek to go.

Good luck finding a ticket.....it's closed to the public, and I've seen people pay $200 for just a Guest Badge!! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

That's about what a full year NAMM membership costs, I believe.

Having been to one Winter NAMM show, I'll tell ya dis:

You will have the opportunity to see great guitarists play at a mere arm's distance from you in a cool backstage atmosphere: I saw Hellcasters, Dick Dale, Dave Mason, Johnny Hiland in 2004. You will meet legends, talk to them, shake their hands. Other forumites will be showing their wares or visiting.

It may be worth $200 for the entertainment, education, and memories-for-a-lifetime.

Maybe.

• Members

I'm going to have a booth this year for the first time (actually I'm splitting it with Fargen Amplifiers and J-Design Cabinets). We're downstairs in E hall in booth 1389. I'll have a bunch of guitars including our new solid body model and a couple of 6-string trems. We're going to have a sound proof 4x8 foot booth to play in, so people shoudl be able to playt as loud as they want without having to worry about the "volume police". I'll also have a couple guitars at the DiMarzio booth as usual.

• Members
Originally posted by ZX-Matt

Well, if anyone happends to spot a

Yamaha RGX A2. From the pictures I've seen, I don't see a truss-rod opening at the bottom of the fretboard, or a cover for one at the headstock.

Has me wondering if there is one.

Don't worry, it's there :)

Archived