My tele is finished (I think!) (pics)

chiro972

• Members

Originally posted by pink freud

let me teach you a math formula...

the greater the cost of a guitar is directly correlated to the increasing need of straplocks.

in other words, get some straplocks so you dont drop that beauty!

Yeah, I went to buy some last week and they were out. I will probably need to put a toothpick and some glue in the holes, the screws that came with the stock pegs never tightened, they just kept turning. I am just using it sitting down at the moment.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I see all the little things I did wrong, but overall I'm very happy with it.

• Members

Also, when the body arrived from the guy on ebay, there was a ding on the backside of the horn that you could tell happened during shipping. The guy refunded me like $25, so I was cool with it. That way I'm not going to be paranoid with it anyway, since it had it's first ding before I ever played it.

• Members

very nice Chiro.
When I was a fine arts major I read a famous artist once said.....all art is knowing when to stop...sound advice as I have ruined more than one piece by overworking it. Then again, I sometimes leave a piece for a while before returning to work on it...but once it`s signed it`s finished.
So...to me the guitar looks finished.

• Members

Originally posted by zenbu

very nice Chiro.

When I was a fine arts major I read a famous artist once said.....all art is knowing when to stop...sound advice as I have ruined more than one piece by overworking it. Then again, I sometimes leave a piece for a while before returning to work on it...but once it`s signed it`s finished.

So...to me the guitar looks finished.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm going to put some straplocks on and that's it.

Archived