decal removal ... HOW?

blind radish

• Members

For what it's worth. I've just removed a Squier decal from a Strat neck.

I used grade 1200 sandpaper. Just be sure to do the whole thing, and it should look pretty decent.

I would also agree that doing a custom decal would be far more rewarding. That's what I plan on doing... :thu:

• Members

Part of the problem is those ones on Ebay look wrong, these home printed decals are all crap (I've been through a bunch of them).

Genuine ones do pop up for $50 at times. A Mexi neck is cheapish (dunno your budget though) at about $140, but if you like the neck you have....

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

*makes note not to buy joesl8's rebadged Harmony*

I'm in the process now of sanding my Edwards strat and putting a "FENDER" decal on it *as I laugh and rub my hands together in delight!* I'm going to make out like a fricken bandit!!!

:D

I also have a Honda Accord for sale with an Acura Logo if anyones interested??? Please buy my stuff won't you?

• Members

Forget I asked ...

I believe in the beginning I clearly said this was not to make a fake for ebay resale

there is no way I could do it any how .... it's an affinity squier body painted with the clapton crash strat design

Guess what .... ALL crash-painted strats, besides the ones Crash painted for clapton are FAKE

besides ... this is an affinity body, so it not even possible to sell it as a USA crash strat because of the body size

OK .... so I can't {censored}ing fool anybody with reselling, except for Helen Keller ... and I think she's passed away.

I bought the guitar for my kid ... and he asked me If I could put a real fender logo on, versus the squier which he is moving up from in terms of guitars

so instead of just {censored}ing it up ... I figured I could ask a simple question.

Sorry to have bothered most of you all ...

• Members

^

while i mentioned the 'counterfeit neck' biz, i wasnt at all intending for it to sound like i was saying you would be pawning off tainted goods, not at all. my apologies if thats how you took it, and rereading it, i can see how you could (when all malice was really directed at sexy).

but, with that said, we all know how often instruments can change hands, and if that poor git ever lost his identity, and wasnt with your family anymore :cry: you just never know what could happen, or be said or done. (and its hardly just the posters i'm worried about) a staffordcaster doesnt lead anybody to a wrong conclusion.

and it sounds cooler. and i've go a soft spot for stafford, i've got some family there myself :)

• Members

if youve ever used a vaporizor you will know that it is not the same

anyway, there was no malice in the original post even tho it seems that way, and i cleared that up with my second post in the thread

so any ill-intended posts towards me are simply unfounded and childish.

i will leave you with on final statement.

he did not ask for your opinion on removing decals.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

^

while i mentioned the 'counterfeit neck' biz, i wasnt at all intending for it to sound like i was saying
you
would be pawning off tainted goods, not at all. my apologies if thats how you took it, and rereading it, i can see how you could (when all malice was really directed at sexy).

but, with that said, we all know how often instruments can change hands, and if that poor git ever lost his identity, and wasnt with your family anymore
:cry:
you just never know what could happen, or be said or done. (and its hardly just the posters i'm worried about) a staffordcaster doesnt lead anybody to a wrong conclusion.

and it sounds cooler. and i've go a soft spot for stafford, i've got some family there myself
:)

I fully understand what everyone is/was saying ... I showed my kid the blindradish staffordcastor graphic, offered by BowerR64 ... his reaction ...

:thu:

so guys if you ever see an Blind Radish StaffordCaster Crash Strat on eBAY ----- IT'S NOT A MIM or MIA STRAT :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived